Environment Program: Climate and Energy Grant
The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- The vast majority of the grants we make are to organizations that work on policy development because we think policy change provides the greatest opportunity to reach our goals.
- We pursue our strategies with focus on engaging the people and organizations most needed to achieve our goals. An important aspect of this approach is building a broad base of support among those not traditionally involved in environmental protection.
- We are outcome focused and whenever possible use quantitative metrics to track progress toward goals.
- When there is a high degree of alignment between our goals and those of a grantee, we often will provide general operating support rather than project support.
- In some cases, we provide support to develop the organizational health and efficiency of our grantees.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Our climate and energy grantmaking is global.
- Our grants for clean transportation mainly support work in China, Mexico, Brazil, and the United States.
- Our grants may be used to support public education, nonpartisan research and analysis, and permissible policy-related activities.
- We fund the fast majority of our Climate and Energy strategy works through large grants to organizations like the ClimateWorks Foundation and the Energy Foundation, which in turn make smaller grants to a variety of organizations.
- The Foundation does not earmark its funds for IRS-defined lobbying activities, which is prohibited by federal law.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Environment Program: Climate and Energy Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.