HF Quick Response Grants Program
Homer FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $2,500
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Kenai Peninsula Borough, Alaska
Location of residency: Kenai Peninsula Borough, AlaskaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Homer Foundation is a publicly supported tax-exempt organization founded in 1991 to enhance and foster charitable and philanthropic giving in the greater Homer Area. This is accomplished by:
- Attracting gifts and bequests from many donors;
- Creating permanent endowments dedicated to improving the quality of life for Homer area citizens forever;
- Managing its funds through cooperative investment and prudent management of its gifts and bequests;
The Homer Foundation assesss our grant-making to ensure that we are effectively delivering on our Mission to enhance quality of life in Homer. The Foundation seeks to distribute funds in a manner consistent with its policies including established by donors' interests. The general policy of the Foundation is to fund projects that have a high likelihood of success and will have a long-term, positive impact on the communities we serve. Our goal is to balance the need of current spending while ensuring the preservation of our funds and expenditures into perpetuity, with consideration for the availability of other funding sources and our own resources.
Our Service Area: southern Kenai Peninsula, from Ninilchik south including the communities across Kachemak Bay.
Quick Response Grants Program
Applications will be accepted year-round. The maximum award amount is $2500, the average award is less than the maximum.
The Distributions Committee has the authority to approve awards up to $2500, and responses to applicants at this level can be expected within thirty days. These requests may be
- Funded at a level other than requested amount
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is Eligible to Receive Funds?
- Non-Profit Organizations within our service area recognized by the IRS under section 501(c)(3), and other qualified not-for-profit entities.
- Societies and Group not recognized by the IRS under section 501(c)(3), but are functioning to enhance the quality of life within our service area are eligible for consideration for projects that benefit the communities we serve. Contact the Foundation to discuss your project before submitting an application.
- Projects that request funding for recurring expenses, travel, general operating expenses, routine maintenance, capital projects/improvements, fundraising, or projects requesting funding more than once within a twelve-month period are discouraged.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HF Quick Response Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.