HFF Small Grant Awards
Honor Frost Foundation
Grant amount: Up to £10,000
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Apr 1, 2019
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Cyprus; Egypt; Israel; Italy; Jordan; Lebanon; Malta; Palestine, State of; Syrian Arab Republic; Turkey Expand all
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Foundation’s mission is to promote the advancement and research, including publication, of maritime archaeology with particular but not exclusive focus on the Eastern Mediterranean with an emphasis on Lebanon, Syria and Cyprus.
Small Grant Awards
Small Grant Awards primarily support the development of maritime archaeology with respect to:
- Regional Research
- Regional Capacity Building
- Developing the Discipline
The Foundation primarily supports Regional Research into maritime archaeology undertaken in the countries where Honor Frost worked. Broadly, this is the eastern Mediterranean, with a particular focus on Cyprus, Lebanon and Syria, but also extending to Sicily and Malta. The eastern Mediterranean is defined as the area to the east of a line from Western Turkey to the western border of Egypt, excluding Crete and the Greek islands.
In addition, the Foundation also encourages Regional Capacity Building and offers support in the following areas/activities relating to developing maritime archaeology and the protection of underwater cultural heritage in the region:
- training and workshops,
- conferences with a regional involvement,
- conservation work,
- museum exhibitions,
- public engagement and education.
The Foundation is also interested in Developing the Discipline and the scope of maritime archaeology and underwater cultural heritage beyond the region. It considers applications that support the development of new technologies and/or methodologies on a global scale, and in exceptional cases research projects that were aligned with Honor Frost’s research interests beyond the immediate regional scope.
Funding is available twice a year with grant applications due on 1st April and 1st October annually. Awards are normally announced within four months of the deadlines. The Foundation has funds to support a limited number of applications in each funding cycle, only awarded to those applications deemed by the trustees to be of the highest standard.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are available to independent scholars, affiliated scholars and institutions.
- Individual grants will not normally exceed £10,000, which could be the total direct costs of the work, a contribution to a larger project, or costs to seed a pilot study.
- Small Grant Awards only support direct costs but in the case of institutional applications overheads may be considered.
- Repeat funding is considered for outstanding projects.
- However, unless there are exceptional circumstances, repeat funding will only apply for up to a maximum of three years.
- The Foundation gives preference to projects showing strong collaborations with regional partners, particularly those with local training opportunities.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HFF Small Grant Awards by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.