High Meadows Fund Grant
High Meadows Fund
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Vermont
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: High Meadows does not accept unsolicited grant proposals. However, we are open to learning about new ideas and potential connections to organizations and individuals who are working on similar challenges. There is no deadline and introductions will be considered on a revolving basis, typically quarterly.
The High Meadows Fund promotes vibrant communities and a healthy natural environment while encouraging long term economic vitality in Vermont.
Climate disruption threatens Vermont's communities and working landscape. It is urgent Vermonters address it head-on by both lowering their contribution to a warming planet and adapting to the changes already underway. High Meadows applies this sense of urgency in three areas of focus:
- Land Use: Encouraging working farms and forests, compact settlements, and watershed land use that protects communities, soil, and water quality.
- Clean and Efficient Energy: Lowering fossil fuel use, especially in homes of low income Vermonters.
- Farm, Food and Forest Enterprises: Promoting vibrant enterprises as well as healthy ecosystems.
About the High Meadows Fund
Decisions such as how and where to farm, harvest timber, or build, and whether to invest in clean energy, green infrastructure, or waste reduction should make communities stronger, more vibrant and equitable. They should also make Vermont more resilient to the changing climate. Too often, these choices instead make us more vulnerable.
Resilience means the capacity not just to bounce back from stresses and disruptive events, but also to plan and act in the face of risks, challenges, and opportunities. Strengthening a community's vitality and resilience requires:
- Building markets that retain wealth, rather than extracting it from the region;
- Fostering land use planning at a watershed level, not just as individual municipalities;
- Reducing the greenhouse gas emissions that drive climate change;
- Preparing for more frequent, severe storms and other consequences of climate change;
- Collaborating across areas of expertise, such as housing, energy and public health.
It is critical for low-income Vermonters to share in the benefits of efficient and clean energy use, green infrastructure and other responses to climate change.
The High Meadows Fund supports leadership and innovation in three areas: land use, farm and forest enterprise and energy. We do our work through charitable grantmaking, research, convenings, direct engagement, and investing for mission impact. Our intent is to be respectfully involved as partners with the organizations we fund and with our colleagues in the funding community.
High Meadows made its first grants in 2004.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- High Meadows is only able to make grants to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations or governmental agencies.
- In some instances, applicants may use a fiscal sponsor.
- Please note that High Meadows typically does not fund:
- The purchase of equipment or facilities, even renewable energy installations;
- The production of promotional videos.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the High Meadows Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.