Higher Education Research Experiences for Faculty at Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge National LaboratorySuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately US $20,000
Applicant type: Faculty
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Location of citizenship: United States
Age restriction: At least 18 years of age
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
HERE at ORNL - Faculty
The Higher Education Research Experiences (HERE) program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) provides opportunities for participation in national laboratory research experiences for a select group of university faculty. Participants will engage in meaningful research related to their academic disciplines and establish collaborative relationships with ORNL research scientists.
- Full-time or part-time appointments may be offered
- Summer, academic semester, or 6-12 month sabbatical
- Overall time in the HERE Faculty program limited to three years, with any combination of terms within that time period
- Flexible start and end dates
- Applications are accepted year-round with selections made on a rolling basis as opportunities become available
- $7,800/month stipend for full-time participation; pro-rated if part-time
- $866.67/month housing allowance (paid with monthly stipend) and limited travel reimbursement for full-time participants if permanent address is at least 50 miles from Oak Ridge
- Sabbatical stipend awarded based upon the participants academic salary and current faculty contract
- Candidates will be required to provide a statement describing the financial arrangements with their academic institution, including fringe benefits paid by the institution (state as a percentage of salary and itemize)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Be a full-time teaching or non-teaching faculty member at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university in a STEM field or related discipline
- Non-teaching faculty must meet additional criteria
- Be 18 years of age
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) at the time of application
- Have medical insurance during entire term of appointment
- Include Letter of Recommendation from Department Head addressing items listed in application
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Higher Education Research Experiences for Faculty at Oak Ridge National Laboratory by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.