Hillcrest Foundation Grant
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $300,000
Next deadline: Jul 31, 2018
Later deadlines: Nov 30, 2018, Feb 28, 2019
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in Texas: Dallas County, Denton County, Ellis County, Hood County, Hunt County, Johnson County, Kaufman County, Parker County, Rockwall County, Somervell County, Tarrant County, Wise County Other eligible locations: Texas
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Texas: Dallas County, Denton County, Ellis County, Hood County, Hunt County, Johnson County, Kaufman County, Parker County, Rockwall County, Somervell County, Tarrant County, Wise County Other eligible locations: TexasView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Hillcrest Foundation was created by Mrs. W.W. Caruth, Sr. (Mrs. Earle Clark Caruth) in 1958 to provide financial support to qualified Texas charitable organizations for the advancement of education, the promotion of health and the relief of poverty. Most grants are made to charitable organizations located in Dallas County and the surrounding area.
Mrs. W.W. Caruth, Sr. was from a pioneer family who settled in the Dallas area in 1848. Several Caruth family generations owned and managed farms and ranches, which the family later developed into real estate properties as Dallas became a major metropolitan area. Each succeeding generation has been characterized by a pioneering spirit, vision, courage, hard work and generosity. The Hillcrest Foundation was created to carry the Caruth family’s generosity to the people of Texas.
The Trustees will give priority consideration to the following types of grant requests:
- Programs and special projects for education, health and poverty relief
- Construction/improvements of permanent building
- Capital campaigns
- Buildings, facilities and equipment
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Trustees favorably consider:
- proposals which are unique, necessary and of high priority for the charitable organizations, and which do not duplicate other services which are available;
- proposals for which funding may not be readily available from other sources; and
- essential projects which are sufficiently described as worthwhile, important and of a substantive nature.
- Grants to meet challenges or matching funds have a special appeal.
- Grant requests for general operating support will not be considered.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hillcrest Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.