General Foundation Grants
Hillsdale County Community Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2018 1:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: May 1, 2019 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Hillsdale County, Michigan
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Over the years the Hillsdale County Community Foundation has awarded millions of dollars to make a powerful, positive difference in our community. The Foundation administers over 100 funds and awards grants at various times throughout each year.
General Foundation Grants
General grants are made from our named unrestricted endowment funds. General Foundation grants focus on improving the quality of life for the citizens of Hillsdale County. Eligible projects generally fall within these categories; education, fine arts, social services, community development, recreation, environmental issues, health, and wellness.
The HCCF is interested in funding projects that will improve the quality of life for the citizens of
Hillsdale County. Eligible projects generally fall within these categories: education, fine arts, social
services, community development, recreation, environmental issues, health and wellness, and
improvement in the physical, mental, and moral conditions of Hillsdale County residents. The
Foundation aims to support creative approaches to community needs and problems that benefit the
widest possible range of people.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation welcomes grant applications from the Hillsdale County area or outside Hillsdale County if a significant number of the people to be served reside within Hillsdale County.
- Applicants must be tax exempt according to Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an educational institution, or governmental unit.
- The Foundation gives priority to programs which:
- Reach as many people as possible in the county
- Increase individual access to community resources
- Examine and address the underlying causes of local problems
- Promote personal independence and achievement
- Seek challenge or matching grants
- Attract volunteer resources and support
- Strengthen the private, non-profit sector
- Encourage collaboration with other organizations
- Build the capacity of the applying organization
- Support the start-up of new programs that solve critical local problems or address critical local needs
- Focus on prevention
- Low priority is given to brick and mortar requests and ongoing programs where alternative funding is not planned to carry a program/project forward following a Foundation grant.
- The current objectives of the Foundation do not allow grants for:
- Religious or sectarian purposes
- Legislative or political purposes
- Capital campaigns
- Routine maintenance, including office equipment
- Administrative costs for maintaining the present operation of an organization, including, but not limited to, staff salaries, wages, and benefits. Salaries may be considered on a case-by-case basis only as related to direct program expenses, not daily operations.
- Education requests that supplant rather supplement the ongoing operations of the school district,
such as equipment or educational materials, including curriculum supplies and resources
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the General Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.