Hind Foundation Standard Grant
Suggest an update
Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project:
Location of residency:
Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Our Standard Grant program was established to provide resources for projects and programs that make visible impacts in communities throughout California. Since 2006, these funds have helped construct music facilities, restore historical buildings, preserve and acquire open spaces, protect endangered species, and facilitate the implementation of hundreds of other projects that fit within our areas of funding:
- Ecosystem Conservation
- Projects and programs that focus on the enhancement of habitats in which plants and wildlife thrive. We know that proper conservation and restoration of our ecosystems can only be accomplished when like-minded organizations work together for this common goal
- Historical Landmark Restoration
- Restoration, preservation, or acquisition of projects with historical significance that are 100 years or older, including new construction, enhancements, or improvements to buildings, monuments, landmarks, and documents.
- Music & Visual Arts
- Projects and programs that promote a robust arts community where talented artists can have adequate access to training, working facilities, artist work spaces, and other resources.
- Plant & Wildlife Protection
- Private organizations that desire to see plant and wildlife flourish and that work for the protection and conservation of endangered and threatened species.
- Land Conservation
- Protection and management of land with scenic, agricultural, or cultural values, such as parks, streams, and botanical gardens. We fund non-advocacy organizations with an active membership base that are hands-on and committed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The project of an organization is eligible for Standard Grant if all of the informations below is true.
- In regards to your organization:
- We are a nonprofit organization with a California 501(c)3 designation.
- We receive the majority of our funding support from our local community.
- We have a board of directors that meets on a regular basis.
- We hold or sponsor at least one fundraising event annually.
- We have been a California 501(c)3 for more than two years based on the ruling date of our IRS Determination Letter and as confirmed in Guidestar.
- Our organization has not received a Hind Foundation Standard Grant in the past two years, nor have we applied for a Standard Grant in the past year.
- In regards to your project or program:
- The project or program we’re requesting funding for is based in California.
- The success of our project will provide a lasting benefit to its community.
- Our project or program falls within the Hind Foundation’s Area's of Funding (see "Overview").
- Our organization has raised a substantial amount of the funds needed to complete our project.
- The amount of the grant, coupled with our existing or pending support, will be enough to meet our project goals.
- The project of an organization is not eligible for Standard Grant if any of the informations below is true:
- We have received a Hind Foundation Standard Grant within the past two years.
- We have applied for a Hind Foundation Standard Grant within the past year.
- We’re seeking funding for educational programs, capital campaigns, debt reduction, or basic research; or books, videos, mobile apps, and television or film projects.
- We’re seeking sustaining funds, multi-year grants, or funding for administrative costs (i.e. salaries, operating expenses, etc.) or soft costs (i.e. architectural, engineering, and permitting fees and drawings, including digital records, etc.).
- We’re seeking a grant for a/an individual, endowment, fellowship national organization, community foundation, private foundation, nationally-based organization, nonprofit or booster club for public schools, or one of the three of the Internal Revenue Code or organizations based outside the United States.
- We’re an advocacy organization that engages in lawsuits, protests, or other forms of dissent.
- We’re primarily supported by endowment funds or by government grants.
- We are seeking funds for improvements, construction or restoration on privately held land.
- We are seeking funds for transportation costs.
- The request is not eligible under the Areas of Funding and Types of Funding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hind Foundation Standard Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.