Commmunity Grantmaking - Hoke County Community Foundation: Unrestricted Endowment
North Carolina Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $1,800
Anticipated deadline: Apr 3, 2019 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Hoke County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
North Carolina Community Foundation’s Community Grantmaking Program funds the work of charitable organizations that serve 67 counties within our statewide affiliate network. The Hoke County Community Foundation joins more than 650 community foundations in transforming our nation and our neighborhoods through the power of philanthropy.
The Hoke County Community Foundation is:
- A growing family of charitable funds.
- A resource for area nonprofits.
- A source of grants for worthy local causes.
- A resource for donors.
The community grantmaking program funds a broad range of purposes to meet local needs that includes education, human services, basic needs, arts, historical preservation, health, recreation, youth development, environment and animal welfare. Additionally, the Mary Archie McNeill Endowment, which supports music and cultural arts programs in Hoke County, has $12,650 available for distribution.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An organization must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Organizations must be qualified as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of local government (including public schools).
- An exception is made to include fire and rescue departments.
- If your organization operates as a 501 (c)(3) public charity via a fiscal agent, your application's supporting documentation must include a letter from the fiscal agent organization that verifies the relationship and includes when the relationship was established.
- Faith-based organizations may apply for funding to support social outreach and charitable service programs to benefit the community-at-large, but they may not apply for general operating support.
- Only those organizations that serve Hoke county will be considered.
- If an organization serves multiple counties within our network, that organization may complete a separate application for each of those affiliates.
- Organizations must offer programs and services without discrimination on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
- Applications for specific programs and projects or for general operating support are accepted.
- Grants are not awarded for:
- Annual fund or capital campaigns
- Political purposes or lobbying
- Activities that are restricted to members of a particular faith community or promote a specific religious doctrine
- Reimbursements (This program does not support reimbursement of costs incurred prior to the deadline for submission of your application. Your request may only include costs that will occur in the future, after the submission deadline of the application.)
- Re-granting by the applicant organization
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Commmunity Grantmaking - Hoke County Community Foundation: Unrestricted Endowment by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.