Petco Love Stories Grant Campaign
Predicted deadline: Oct 31, 2024 9:59pm PDT
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $100,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - Domestic Animals & Pets
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Love Stories Grant Campaign
This year, Petco Love is inviting animal welfare organizations to share your community's best Love Stories.
Organizations can submit up to TWO Love Stories. Your story submission should be from the adopter's point of view and showcase how adopting a pet from your organization has changed the adopter's life.
If you're an adopter looking to submit your story, reach out to your animal welfare organization for more information.
What should your story be about?
Your submitted Love Stories should demonstrate how the adopted pet has made an adopter’s life better, and should be a celebration of the love they share with their pet. Stories can range from the simplest things that bring joy to life every day to one-of-a-kind, extraordinary stories. Big or small, short-or long-haired, canine or feline, celebrate how the pet has significantly changed the adopter’s life for the better.
Telling a good story rather than simply reciting facts as they happened takes some thought (“What’s real the point I want to get across?”). And, compelling storytelling and supporting photos or videos will make your submission stand out from the rest.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Animal welfare organizations can submit up to TWO Love Stories on behalf of any person over the age of 18 (or under the age of 18 with parental/guardian consent).
- The story must feature an adopted pet from a U.S. based organization and the pet must be currently living.
- Organizations include municipal or government animal shelters and nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations such as humane societies, SPCAs and foster-based rescues.
- To be eligible to receive a Love Stories grant award, nominated organizations must complete their 2021 Annual Data Report in the Petco Love Partner Portal, and if applicable, be enrolled as at Petco Love Lost partner.
- At Petco Love, we deeply understand how a pet who is no longer with us may still have a lifechanging impact on adopter lives. However, for the Love Stories campaign, all story submissions must be written about a pet currently living.
- Stories about the same pet are not eligible to win; however, we encourage prior winners to share stories about other pets that were not featured in the original winning story with their animal welfare organization
Don’t miss out on other good fit funders!
See even more similar funders by creating a free 14-day account. Get personalized grant recommendations, tracking and more.
“Through Instrumentl, I was able to accomplish in 6 hours...SIX HOURS...what would have taken days or weeks with [another] search engine.”