Holohil Grant Program
Holohil Systems Ltd.Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to C $2,500 in in-kind support
Next deadline: Apr 15, 2020
Later deadlines: Jul 15, 2020, Oct 15, 2020, Jan 15, 2021
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save
For more than 35 years Holohil has supported endangered species research and educational work for a variety of agencies and researchers. During that time, we have donated transmitters predominately for bat and raptor research. While we still have a strong commitment to these groups of animals, we wish to extend our support to other species that have not previously been included. To this end, we are extending our support to research projects that are of high value for their species, have a sound research design, and have a positive conservation intention. In 2016, we introduced our new Holohil Grant Program (HGP), which aims to offer Holohil transmitters at a reduced (or no) cost to projects deserving of support. Since its inception, the HGP has awarded more than $35,000.00 in transmitters to projects around the globe.
- The project makes significant use of Holohil transmitters for data collection.
- The project aims to advance scientific knowledge.
- The project contributes to conservation.
- The project engages/educates the public.
- The project involves underrepresented study species of high research or conservation value
Here’s how it works
Each quarter, Holohil will be supporting projects by donating up to CAD$2,500.00 toward the purchase of Holohil transmitters. We will also pay all shipping charges (Note: importation duties and taxes are the receiver’s responsibility).
All we ask in return is a short (approx. one-page) report/update with photos of your work using our transmitters which we can post on the Holohil Systems Ltd. website. It’s that simple!
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Holohil Grant Program is available to conservation professionals and researchers from anywhere in the world.
- Who can apply?
- Anybody! The Holohil Grant Program is open to scientists and non-scientists from anywhere in the world.
- All transmitters from the Holohil product line are available for the HGP.
- Although, because some units are highly specialized and sometimes require relatively expensive components, some grants may be limited to fewer free units than others.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Holohil Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.