Honda Foundation Grants
American Honda Foundation (AHF)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $20,000 - US $75,000
Next deadline: May 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Aug 1, 2020, Feb 1, 2021
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
- Deadline for New Organizations: Feb. 1 & Aug. 1
- Deadline for Returning Organizations: May 1
More than $41 million have been awarded to organizations serving over 118 million people in every state in the U.S.
American Honda Foundation (AHF) was established by American Honda Motor Co., Inc., to commemorate its 25th anniversary in the United States and to show its appreciation of America's support through the years. It is the aim at Honda that in every community in which it does business society will want Honda to exist.
Help meet the needs of American society in the areas of youth and scientific education by awarding grants to nonprofits, while strategically assisting communities in deriving long-term benefits.
The American Honda Foundation engages in grant making that reflects the basic tenets, beliefs and philosophies of Honda companies, which are characterized by the following qualities: imaginative, creative, youthful, forward-thinking, scientific, humanistic and innovative. We support youth education with a specific focus on the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects in addition to the environment.
Youth education, specifically in the areas of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, the environment, job training and literacy.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Organizations
- Nonprofit charitable organizations classified as a 501(c) (3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service, or a public school district, private/public elementary and secondary schools as listed by the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) are eligible for funding.
- To be considered for funding organizations MUST have two years of audited financial statements examined by an independent CPA for the purpose of expressing an opinion if gross revenue is $500,000 or more.
- If gross revenue is less than $500,000, and the organization does not have audited financial statements, it may submit two years of financial statements accompanied by an independent CPA's review report instead.
- The following are a few types of organizations and focus areas which are not considered for grants because of our policy, budget limitations and/or State and Federal law:
- Types of organizations:
- Individuals and/or individual scholarships.
- Private foundations.
- Organizations operating for profit or loans for small businesses.
- Veterans' or fraternal organizations.
- Labor groups.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, family status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
- Focus Areas:
- The arts unless it is integrated with the sciences: science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM).
- Health and welfare issues.
- Medical and/or educational research.
- Programs outside the United States.
- Direct support of churches, religious groups or sectarian organizations.
- Any sponsorships, for- or non-profit including Annual fund drives; fund-raising dinners; advertising in charitable publications; or any other type of fund raising event or activity.
- Capital campaigns.
- Youth recreational activities/playground equipment.
- Propaganda statements (i.e., ballot initiatives, recalls, etc.); attempts to influence legislation; or political organizations, programs, campaigns or candidates running for public office.
- Gifts or donations of any Honda products.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Honda Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.