Honda Foundation Grants
American Honda Foundation (AHF)
Grant amount: US $20,000 - US $75,000
Next deadline: Feb 1, 2019
Later deadlines: May 1, 2019, Aug 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Help meet the needs of American society in the areas of youth and scientific education by awarding grants to nonprofits, while strategically assisting communities in deriving long-term benefits.
Since 1984, more than $32 million have been awarded to organizations serving over 115 million people in every state in the U.S.
American Honda Foundation (AHF) was established by American Honda Motor Co., Inc., to commemorate its 25th anniversary in the United States and to show its appreciation of America's support through the years. It is the aim at Honda that in every community in which it does business society will want Honda to exist.
The American Honda Foundation engages in grant making that reflects the basic tenets, beliefs and philosophies of Honda companies, which are characterized by the following qualities: imaginative, creative, youthful, forward-thinking, scientific, humanistic and innovative. We support youth education with a specific focus on the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects in addition to the environment.
Feb. 1/ Aug. 1- deadline for New Organizations
May 1- deadline for Returning Organizations
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit charitable organizations classified as a 501(c) (3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service, or a public school district, private/public elementary and secondary schools as listed by the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) are eligible for funding.
- To be considered for funding organizations MUST have two years of audited financial statements examined by an independent CPA for the purpose of expressing an opinion if gross revenue is $500,000 or more.
- If gross revenue is less than $500,000, and the organization does not have audited financial statements, it may submit two years of financial statements accompanied by an independent CPA's review report instead.
- Funding priority includes:
- Youth education, specifically in the areas of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, the environment, job training and literacy
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Honda Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.