Horizon North Grants
Horizon FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2019
Later deadlines: Oct 10, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Maine: Cumberland County, Franklin County, Lincoln County, York County
Location of residency: Counties in Maine: Cumberland County, Franklin County, Lincoln County, York CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Horizon Foundation supports non-profit organizations that aspire to create and maintain sustainable, vibrant, and resilient communities by:
Enabling children and adults to lead their communities in creative, healthy, and thoughtful ways
Educating citizens to be good stewards of the environment
Conserving land and water resources;
Encouraging service to others;
Promoting visual arts and music, and
- Teaching appreciation of and preserving historic assets.
Horizon North will continue to support organizations and programs that we believe fulfill Horizon's mission.
The Foundation's focus regarding conservation funding will be primarily related to the following areas in response to climate change: specifically, ways in which Maine can use its "unique assets" to address the challenges of mitigating and adapting to global warming, including:
- Programs that seek ways for communities to become more resilient by increasing energy efficiency and weatherization and the use of renewable sources of energy
- Efforts in support of policies that aim to reduce the use of fossil fuels and increase non-carbon energy source alternatives
- Forest and farmland management practices that promote working forest conservation, efforts to preserve high-value open space, and management practices that maintain and improve water quality and enhance wildlife habitat
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation can only consider requests from non-profit, 501 (c) 3 organizations or projects that have a tax exempt fiscal sponsor.
- Grantees must wait at least three grant cycles before reapplying.
- Horizon North will make grants to Maine organizations based primarily in Cumberland, York, Lincoln and Franklin Counties.
particularly favors programs that combine more
one of the criteria listed in Overview, have measurable goals, and are collaborative
in deed and spirit.
- Horizon Foundation does not fund:
- annual, building, capital, or endowment fund drives
- colleges and universities
- emergency requests
- health/mental health
- international or foreign programs
- public and private schools
- religious projects
- state agencies
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Horizon North Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.