Horizon Foundation: Outside of Maine
Horizon FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Oct 10, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Pitkin County, Colorado, Fairfield County, Connecticut, Martin County, Florida, Blaine County, Idaho, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, Mercer County, New Jersey Show all
Location of residency: Pitkin County, Colorado, Fairfield County, Connecticut, Martin County, Florida, Blaine County, Idaho, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, Mercer County, New Jersey Show allView website Save
About this funder:
Since its founding in 1997, Horizon Foundation has funded non-profit organizations that meet the mission goals in places where our trustees live and work. Grant funding concentrates on building organizational and community-wide effectiveness, developing opportunities, raising aspirations, and generally making a positive and lasting difference.
Horizon Foundation supports non-profit organizations that aspire to create and maintain sustainable, vibrant and resilient communities by:
- Enabling children and adults to lead their communities in creative, healthy and thoughtful ways;
- Educating citizens to be good stewards of the environment;
- Conserving land and water resources;
- Encouraging service to others;
- Promoting visual arts and music, and;
- Teaching appreciation of and preserving historic assets.
Outside of Maine
Outside of Maine, Horizon is particularly focused on identifying and supporting organizations that:
- Encourage learning in the classroom and beyond;
- Help to build self-esteem;
- Motivate individuals to reach for higher levels of educational proficiency and competency, and;
- Strive to increase the number of safe places for children to learn, share, and ultimately become stronger leaders for the future.
Horizon generally will make grants in the $5,000 to $20,000 range, with an average grant size of about $12,500. While many grants will be for onetime projects, multi-year support will be considered. The Foundation will consider proposals for both challenge or matching grants, and encourages collaborative efforts with other grant makers.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Horizon Foundation does not fund and will not consider applications from the following:
- Annual, building, capital, or endowment fund drives;
- Colleges and universities;
- Emergency requests;
- Health/mental health programs;
- International or foreign programs;
- Public and private schools;
- Religious projects; and/or
- State agencies.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Horizon Foundation: Outside of Maine by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.