HRI Muggets Scholarship
Horticultural Research InstituteSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,500
Anticipated deadline: Sep 7, 2019
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Minimum GPA: 2.25View website Save Need help writing this grant?
What is a Mugget? An informal group called the Mugget Growers of America (MGA) began in 1981 as a social, educational and fundraising group. Each year MGA participants meet at the American Nursery & Landscape Association's (ANLA) Management Clinic to discuss important plant issues regarding the development of a new plant called "Mugget". In addition to their discussions many of the MGA members make contributions during their meeting to the Horticultural Research Institute (HRI), the research affiliate of ANLA. Contributions are made in support of HRI's research and scholarship activities.
MGA members understand the importance of having qualified and quality professionals within the green industry. The MGA group decided that proceeds from Mugget events will be made in support of student scholarships. This is how the Muggets Scholarship was created. Each year, as the fund grows a student scholarship will be awarded. Mugget supporters hope to help aspiring students from across the country obtain a degree in horticulture with this scholarship.
Previous Muggets Scholarship award winners may apply for the scholarship by submitting a new application form for the year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must:
- be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program in landscape, horticulture or related discipline at a two or four-year institution.
- Students in vocational agriculture programs will also be
- be currently enrolled in good standing and carry a full-time course load at the time of application and during the semesters for which the scholarship is granted
- have at least a sophomore standing in a four-year curriculum or senior standing in a two-year curriculum as of the fall semester of scholarship application year, if an undergraduate student
- (graduate students of any year are also eligible)
- have a minimum grade point average overall of 2.25 based on a scale of 4.0, and a minimum GPA of 2.7 on a scale of 4.0 in their major.
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to work within the
industry (including nursery operation, landscape
horticultural distribution, or retail garden center) following
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HRI Muggets Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.