Timothy S. and Palmer W. Bigelow, Jr. Scholarship
Horticultural Research Institute
Grant amount: US $3,000
Deadline: Sep 8, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont Expand all
Minimum GPA: 2.25View website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Timothy S. and Palmer W. Bigelow, Jr. Scholarship was created in 1988 by the Bigelow family to aid students from New England who are seeking a career in horticulture. The Bigelow family considers student scholarships the most important commitment the horticultural industry can make to ensure the growth and development of the nursery and landscape industry.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a resident of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, or Vermont.
- May attend school in any state.
- Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 2.25 based on a scale of 4.0, or 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 for a graduate student.
- Undergraduates are eligible but only if they are in their junior year of study or later.
- Graduate students are eligible in any year of study.
- Students should be studying landscape, horticulture or a related discipline.
- Preference are for those who demonstrate financial need.
- Preference are for those who plan to work in the nursery industry following graduation (including, but not limited to the desire to own one’s own business).
- Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for another award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Timothy S. and Palmer W. Bigelow, Jr. Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.