HTR Foundation Grant
HTR FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $500,000
Fields of work: Battlefield Preservation American History
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Civil War. One of the most tragic and formative events in American History. Time and the consumption of real estate erode memory and erase the physical sites we need to commemorate and share with future generations. HTR was established as a charitable foundation in 1997 to save Civil War history through educational programs and battlefield preservation.
To facilitate protection of the historical, cultural and environmental heritage of the United States through protection of American Civil War sites via:
- Acquisition of land, easements, rights of access or other property rights in significant American Civil War sites.
- Provision of assistance to other public or private entities engaged in the protection of American Civil War sites; and
- Create and support educational projects related to our heritage and the Civil War.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation only makes grants to tax-exempt organizations with 501 (c) (3) classifications from the Internal Revenue Service and Government agencies.
- Generally, the Foundation will not consider grants for endowments, capital construction, general fundraising, deficit financing, or loans and grants to individuals.
- The Foundation does not provide scholarship or fellowship support to individuals.
- In view of the national scope of our program, we do not ordinarily consider projects that are primarily of local interest.
- The Foundation does not make grants for research projects or give support to conferences, seminars, media events, or workshops unless they are part of a broader program.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”