Hubert J. Byrd Sr. Soil Science Undergraduate Scholarship
Soil Science Society of America
Grant amount: US $1,000
Next deadline: Mar 21, 2018 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Mar 28, 2018 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Nominations must be initiated by the "letter of inquiry" deadline above. Reference letters and full nomination submission are due at the 'full proposal' deadline.
The scholarship was established in memory of Hubert J. Byrd Sr., a prominent and highly respected soil scientist. By encouraging undergraduate students to major in soil science degree programs, the scholarship will help recruit top students into nationally recognized soil science programs to meet the expanding and diverse needs of this field.
The SSSA Consulting Soil Scientists Division encourages soil science graduates to pursue a career in the field of professional consulting soil science to meet the various public needs and practical applications of this science. Funds for the scholarship are made available by the Agronomic Science Foundation and administered by the Soil Science Society of America. Two scholarships will be offered in the amount of $1000 each.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This award allows self-nominations.
- The program is open to:
- undergraduate student members with a declared major in soil science or closely related soil science degree program, and who have completed their sophomore or junior years by the end of spring term of the year in which they are submitting a scholarship application.
- undergraduate students completing their senior year by the end of spring term of the year in which they are submitting a scholarship application and are pursuing a Masters degree.
- Nominees will have earned a 2.5, or above cumulative grade point average (GPA, based upon a 4.0 GPA system) at the time the application is submitted.
- Nominees should have strong interests in science and business, and practical applications of their knowledge and skills.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee and the SSSA Board of Directors are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hubert J. Byrd Sr. Soil Science Undergraduate Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.