Hubert J. Byrd Sr. Soil Science Undergraduate Scholarship
Soil Science Society of AmericaSuggest an update
Next anticipated deadline: Mar 19, 2021 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Apr 2, 2021 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Grant amount: US $1,000
Fields of work: Soil Science
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Minimum GPA: 2.5View website Save
Note: Nominations must be initiated by the "letter of inquiry" deadline above. Reference letters and full nomination submission are due at the 'full proposal' deadline.
The scholarship was established in memory of Hubert J. Byrd Sr., a prominent and highly respected soil scientist. By encouraging undergraduate students to major in soil science degree programs, the scholarship will help recruit top students into nationally recognized soil science programs to meet the expanding and diverse needs of this field.
The SSSA Consulting Soil Scientists Division encourages soil science graduates to pursue a career in the field of professional consulting soil science to meet the various public needs and practical applications of this science. Funds for the scholarship are made available by the Agronomic Science Foundation and administered by the Soil Science Society of America.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This award allows self-nominations.
- The program is open to:
- undergraduate student members with a declared major in soil science or closely related soil science degree program, and who have completed their sophomore or junior years by the end of spring term of the year in which they are submitting a scholarship application.
- undergraduate students completing their senior year by the end of spring term of the year in which they are submitting a scholarship application and are pursuing a Masters degree.
- Nominees will have earned a 2.5, or above cumulative grade point average (GPA, based upon a 4.0 GPA system) at the time the application is submitted.
- Nominees should have strong interests in science and business, and practical applications of their knowledge and skills.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Former recipients of this Award are not eligible.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee and the SSSA Board of Directors are not eligible to be a nominee for this award.
- Members of this SSSA Awards Committee, the SSSA Board of Directors, and also the ASA Executive Committee are not eligible to be a reference for this award.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”