North River Fund
Hudson River FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $85,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: New York County, New York
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The North River Environmental Benefit Program (NREBP) was created as part of an agreement between New York State and New York City to provide environmental benefits to the community in and around the North River Waste Water Treatment Plant, bounded by Manhattan Community Board 9. Funding is being administered through the Hudson River Foundation (HRF), through its New York City Environmental Fund (NYCEF).
North River Fund Proposals
The North River Environmental Benefit Projects Fund (North River Fund) requests proposals for projects such as:
- air quality monitoring assessments;
- risk assessments;
- green space development and stewardship projects;
- pollution abatement and storm water capture;
- water quality projects;
- means to mitigate spills from chemical bulk storage and petroleum bulk storage; and
- other projects to protect, preserve, improve or restore the environment, facilitate the public’s enjoyment of natural resources, or enhance the public’s awareness, knowledge, and understanding of ecological principles, natural resources and other environmental issues in the area bounded by Community Board 9 in New York City.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In accordance with the agreement between the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) and New York City establishing the Fund, priority will be given to projects in areas closest to the North River Waste Water Treatment Plant
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the North River Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.