Mark B. Bain Graduate Fellowship Program
Hudson River Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $16,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 12, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research, Fellowship
Location of project: New Jersey, New York
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In 2016, the Foundation will award up to six full-time research fellowships to advanced graduate students conducting research on the Hudson River system.
- A fellowship awarded to a doctoral student will include a stipend consistent with the policy of the student’s graduate institution, in an amount of up to $15,000 for one year, and an incidentals research budget of up to $1,000.
- A fellowship awarded to a master's level student will include a stipend consistent with the policy of the student’s graduate institution, of up to $11,000 for one year, and an incidentals research budget of up to $1,000.
The award is conditional upon a full tuition waiver or reimbursement by the University. The student's home university will be expected to be the primary source of support for materials and expenses required to do the thesis research and will also be expected to cover any indirect costs associated with the project. In special cases, applicants can apply for a 15-month fellowship in order to extend the proposed project through an additional summer.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must:
- be enrolled in an accredited doctoral or master’s program,
- have a thesis advisor and advisory committee (if appropriate to the institution), and
- have a thesis research plan approved by the student's institution or department.
- The Foundation will not accept applications for additional funding to extend existing fellowships.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Mark B. Bain Graduate Fellowship Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.