Hudson Valley Farm Fresh Food Grant Program
Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 4, 2019 9:00pm PST (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 15, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Dutchess County, Orange County, Putnam County, Ulster County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Community Foundations of the Hudson Valley, through grants from the Local Economies Project, Ralph E. Ogden Foundation, and others is pleased to offer the Hudson Valley Farm Fresh Food grant program. This grant program is designed to distribute funds in amounts up to $25,000 to nonprofit organizations in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Ulster counties who work to increase access to local, farm fresh food for individuals who are considered food insecure.
The Community Foundation’s goal is to support programs that have proven to be effective and to encourage and support collaboration and innovative solutions.
The Foundation will focus its grant making on applications that effectively increase access to local, farm fresh food to the food insecure, including but not limited to:
- Support of programs and services that provide effective, creative solutions to increase access to local, farm fresh food, address the issue of food insecurity, leverage existing resources and expand existing services- whether delivered independently or collaboratively;
- Support of programs and services that provide educational services and resources related to nutrition and health;
- Equipment to increase capacity to grow, collect, distribute and serve local, farm fresh food and meals to those in need;
- Support for evaluation of health and related indicators to assess outcome data related to the effectiveness of the farm fresh food initiative; and
- New programs may be considered if organizations demonstrate the capacity to effectively carry out the project and have a plan for sustainability.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations serving residents of Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Ulster counties who are considered food insecure and organizations addressing the issue of food insecurity are eligible for funding support through this program.
- Organizations that are not located in the service area must clearly document the number of residents in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Ulster counties being served.
- Organizations involved in growing, collecting, distributing and serving farm fresh food and meals to those in need are encouraged to submit a letter of inquiry; including
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA’s),
- agricultural and nutritional educational organizations,
- food pantries,
- soup kitchens,
- shelters, and
- other nonprofit organizations that serve, or plan to serve farm fresh food to the food insecure
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hudson Valley Farm Fresh Food Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.