Heartland Utilities for Energy EfficiencySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $5,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Capital Project, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Kansas: Johnson County, Leavenworth County, Wyandotte County, Counties in Missouri: Cass County, Clay County, Jackson County, Platte County, Ray County Show all
Location of residency: Counties in Kansas: Johnson County, Leavenworth County, Wyandotte County, Counties in Missouri: Cass County, Clay County, Jackson County, Platte County, Ray County Show allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Grant application may be submitted at any time and will be reviewed at the next regularly scheduled monthly HUEE board meeting.
On an annual basis, HUEE makes grants to nonprofit organizations to implement specific education projects and seeks other community opportunities for achieving its vision of a community that continuously strives for the intelligent use and management of its energy resources within the marketplace.
Organized in 2002, Heartland Utilities for Energy Efficiency (HUEE) represents electric and gas utilities in the Kansas City region. Its purpose is to promote energy efficiency through energy education, resources, and actions to help assure a secure energy future for area residents. The HUEE board will review all requests for funding.
Areas of Primary Focus
HUEE will provide grants to organizations focusing on providing energy efficiency education activities and/or the adoption of energy efficiency measures in the residential sector. Grass roots outreach efforts focused on neighborhoods and/or specific populations are encouraged. Existing programs where value added can be achieved by additional funding are encouraged to apply for grant funds. Activities with a focus on the following will be given priority:
- Housing stock built prior to 1990;
- Increasing energy efficiency education awareness;
- Programs focusing on low/moderate income families including education and following up on issues that need to be resolved (a third party may need to be consulted);
- General information and techniques to increase energy efficiency; rather than a specific fuel, device, or energy source
- Purchase and/or installation of residential energy efficient devices i.e. caulking, weatherstripping, outlet/light switch gaskets, low flow faucet aerators and showerheads, water heater insulation pipe wrap, and minor exterior home repair to reduce air infiltration.
- (Limitations will be at the discretion of the HUEE board.)
- Labor or materials to weatherize homes in conjunction with a larger program (funding will be considered for small or incidental items; Unit costs must be delineated in the proposal); total costs not to exceed $5,000.00 per grant approved.
Grant Funding Amount
Grants can range from $500 up to $5,000. The HUEE Board reserves its right to pick and choose projects it feels best meets the criteria of the program and goals of the organization.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All organizations applying for a grant must be a not-for-profit [501 (c)(3)] in the state of Kansas or Missouri.
- Grant recipients are eligible to apply annually unless your organization was approved and received a grant within the past two year period
- This program will operate throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area, which can be generally defined as:
- Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte and Ray counties in Missouri;
- Johnson, Leavenworth and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
- In addition, your organization’s utility provider must be one of the following:
- Atmos Energy, Independence Power & Light, Kansas City Board of Public Utilities, Platte-Clay Electric Cooperative, Kansas Gas Service or Laclede Gas/Missouri Gas Energy Division.
- Priority will be given to groups with a successful track record and/or well established partnerships with other organizations that are participating in the program.
- In general, HUEE will not award grants for the following:
- Basic or applied research
- Public awareness through paid advertising
- Payment of consumers’ utility bills
- Travel expenses
- Debt reduction
- Capital campaigns
- Event expenses
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the HUEE Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.