Ferguson Foundation Grants
The Hugh and Jane Ferguson FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $10,000
Next deadline: Jul 15, 2020 5:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Aug 28, 2020 5:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Jan 15, 2021 (Letter of inquiry), Feb 28, 2021 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
Location of residency: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, WashingtonView website Save
About this funder:
The Hugh and Jane Ferguson Foundation, founded in 1987, is a family foundation that supports nonprofit organizations in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. The Foundation is dedicated to the preservation and restoration of nature, including wildlife and their required habitats. It also supports the institutions that present nature and our rich cultural heritage to the public.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Previous grantees may submit a project summary email (see Application Procedures), and organizations selected by the foundation trustee may submit a full proposal.
- All applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations located in the states of Washington and Alaska meeting the interest areas described on the home page.
- (As the foundation has historically made grants to groups in Montana, Idaho, and Oregon, trustees may occasionally invite proposals from those states, by invitation only.)
- Community-based projects working to restore habitat and wildlife by activating volunteers and local residents.
- Collaborative and coalition-building projects involving a number of organizations working together to share strengths and maximize effectiveness.
- Cultural and natural history institutions using a community-based approach to explore the history and traditions of the greater Puget Sound area.
- Projects from Native American communities on issues related to cultural preservation and protection of natural resources.
- The foundation is particularly interested in supporting the work of marginalized communities and institutions who may have difficulty accessing funding from mainstream sources.
- The foundation does not make grants to projects focused on research or academic studies.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ferguson Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.