Ferguson Foundation Grants
The Hugh and Jane Ferguson Foundation
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jul 15, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 28, 2018 (Full proposal), Jan 15, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Feb 28, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
Location of residency: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, WashingtonView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Hugh and Jane Ferguson Foundation, founded in 1987, is a family foundation that supports nonprofit organizations in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. The Foundation is dedicated to the preservation and restoration of nature, including wildlife and their required habitats. It also supports the institutions that present nature and our rich cultural heritage to the public.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must be 501(c)(3) organizations located in the states of Washington and Alaska meeting the interest areas described on the home page.
- As the foundation has historically made grants to groups in Montana, Idaho, and Oregon, trustees may occasionally invite proposals from those states, by invitation only.
- The Foundation will fund:
- Community-based projects working to restore habitat and wildlife by activating volunteers and local residents.
- Collaborative and coalition projects involving a number of organizations working together to share strengths and maximize effectiveness.
- Cultural and natural history institutions exploring the history and traditions of the greater Puget Sound area.
- Projects from Native American communities on issues related to cultural preservation and protection of natural resources.
- Previous grantees may submit a project summary email (see Application Procedures), and organizations selected by the foundation trustee may submit a full proposal.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Ferguson Foundation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.