Hugh Kelly Fellowship
Grant amount: Up to R12,500
Anticipated deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Applicant type: Research Scientist Faculty
Funding uses: Fellowship, Conference
Location of project: South Africa
Location of residency: South AfricaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Hugh Kelly Fellowship is awarded to enable senior scientists to devote themselves to advanced work in any of the following disciplines:
Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geography, Geology, Human Kinetics & Ergonomics, Ichthyology and Fisheries Science, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics (Pure & Applied), Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physics & Electronics, Zoology and Entomology and Water Sciences (based within the Institute for Water Research).
The tenure of the Fellowship can be for periods of between three and ten months. The Fellow will be required to reside in Grahamstown and will be an honorary member of the staff of the University for the term of the Fellowship. The Fellow will be provided with internet access and use of the Library, as well as such facilities as may be required for research. At the conclusion of the Fellowship, the Fellow will be required to present a concise report on the work completed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The fellowship is open to those researchers who were awarded their PhDs more than five years ago.
- Applicants should be senior scholars of standing with an extensive research publication record.
- The value of the Fellowship covers:
- Direct return economy class airfare from the Fellow's residence.
- University accommodation with electricity and water included.
- R5000.00 monthly cash stipend to supplement the Fellow's usual source of income, or if you are accompanied by your partner R7500.00 per month cash stipend.
- If the Fellow accepts the appointment for at least four months and is accompanied by a partner, the partner's return economy air fare will also be paid.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Hugh Kelly Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.