Humane Society of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Grant
Humane Society of the Commonwealth of MassachusettsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Humane Society of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is a private charitable foundation. It supports qualified 501 (c)(3) public charities whose operations and programs meet the program focus and eligibility requirements outlined below.
Program Focus: The prevention of accident, injury and death primarily on the waters
- Public Education and Training Programs aimed at safety on the waters
- Community Agencies and Volunteer Services in Coastal Communities whose work includes the rescue and treatment of those injured primarily on the waters (e.g. Harbor Masters, Flotilla Commanders in US Coast Guard Auxiliary, State Environmental Police and others)
- Academic and Medical Research related to life saving techniques, equipment and other measures to provide greater survivability in the event of accidents and injury
- Health Sciences Research aimed at treatment and recovery from injuries incurred primarily on the waters (e.g. hypothermia, respiratory injuries, brain injuries from oxygen deprivation, and others)
Grant size may typically range from $5,000 to $50,000 in a single year. Larger grants may be considered for funding over multiple years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Recipient organizations must be recognized as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code and "not a private Foundation" under section 509(a) of the Code. Alternatively, grants may be made to governmental units for charitable purposes.
- The organization must be based in Massachusetts.
- Grants may be for one-time projects, for equipment purchases, and for research activities.
- Grants may be made for the "start-up" of programs but not typically for ongoing operating expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Humane Society of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.