Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Grant amount: €15,900 - €63,600
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Africa, Americas, Asia, Oceania, Eastern Europe, Northern Europe, Southern Europe, Austria, Belgium, France, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Switzerland Expand all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 4 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In providing Humboldt Research Fellowships for postdoctoral researchers, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation enables highly-qualified scientists and scholars from abroad who are just embarking on their academic careers and who completed their doctorates less than four years ago to spend extended periods of research (6–24 months) in Germany. Scientists and scholars from all disciplines and countries may apply.
The research outline is carried out in cooperation with academic hosts at research institutions in Germany. Applicants choose their own topic of research and their host in Germany. Details of the research outline including information on the intended duration of the fellowship must be agreed with the intended host before applying.
Candidates are selected solely on the basis of the evaluation of their academic qualification. There are no quotas for individual disciplines or countries. A candidate’s academic qualification is assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
- academic record and academic performance to date (mobility, determination, breadth of research activities, academic productivity)
- quality of key publications specified in the application (originality, degree of innovation, applicant’s contribution in cases of multiple authorship)
- originality and innovation potential of the suggested research outline (significance for the advancement of the discipline, convincing choice of academic methods, prospects for academic development of the applicant, clear focus and feasibility of realization within the requested funding period and at the chosen host institution)
- the applicant’s future potential (academic potential, further academic development, career prospects)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Short-term visits for study and training purposes or for attending conferences are not eligible for sponsorship.
- The applicant may not have spent an extended period in Germany prior to application. Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
- Academics who have already been sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation are not eligible to
apply for the Humboldt Research Fellowship Programme but should turn to the Foundation’s
Alumni Programme for support for further research stays
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.