Core Support: HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES and ARTS & CULTURE Organizations
Hutton Parker Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Santa Barbara County, California
Location of residency: Santa Barbara County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
NOTE: Application deadlines relate to an organization’s classification. Classification is based on an organization’s mission statement, not specific programs or services.
Please note Hutton Parker Foundation’s organization classifications as follows:
ARTS & CULTURE — Dance, Music (Symphony, Orchestra, Choral), Music Education, Museums, Historical Societies, Theatres
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES — Counseling Programs, Alcohol & Drug Related Programs, Rape Crisis/Domestic Violence, Medical Services, Disease Research, Senior Services, Respite Care, Food Related
Hutton Parker Foundation’s Core Support Program was designed in 2011 to address the nonprofits sector’s need for strategic general operating support leading to increased organizational capacity and sustainability. Nonprofit organizations have always expressed the need for unrestricted operating support to underwrite administrative infrastructure and maintain core programs and essential staff. In response, Hutton Parker Foundation is awarding the majority of annual grant funds in the form of Core Support.
Core Support is defined by Hutton Parker Foundation as unrestricted funding that enables an organization to carry out its mission. Funding awards are intended to underwrite administrative infrastructure, support increased agency capacity, assist with strategic financial and organizational capacity and/or help maintain core programs and essential staff.
Funds can be used at the discretion of the organization but are designed as working capital necessary to build robust organizations leading to greater impact in the Santa Barbara community. Hutton Parker Foundation considers a Core Support Grant an investment in an operationally strong nonprofit organization. Our goal is to have this investment help that organization to create and implement a targeted vision and mission driven business plan resulting in increased capacity and overall sustainability.
Applicants seeking Core Support are advised that grant amounts will not generally exceed 10% of an agency’s annual operating budget, or $50,000, whichever is less.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant awards are limited to organizations headquartered in Santa Barbara County.
- Organizations certified as tax exempt under Section 501(c) 3 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and classified as “not a private foundation” under Section 509 (a) are eligible for funding.
- Eligibility Criteria: In addition to meeting the Foundations’ general eligibility criteria, Core Support requests will be considered for established and well-managed organizations.
- Priority for Core Support will be given to organizations that:
- Are established, well-managed, financially viable, and operate effective programs that serve Santa Barbara county;
- Have developed short and long-term strategies for addressing identified organizational needs;
- Can demonstrate how a Core Support grant could have a measurable impact on organizational and programmatic capacity;
- Have experienced funding reductions that impact the delivery of core programs and services.
- Organizations are limited to ONE Core Support application per year.
- Grants are not made:
- To organizations discriminating against certain groups or individuals in the delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientations or disability.
- For propagandizing, influencing legislation and/or elections, promoting voter registration; for political candidates, political campaigns; for litigation.
- For social or political issues outside the United States of America.
- To individuals.
- To federated appeals or for the collection of funds for redistribution to other nonprofit groups.
- For conferences, workshops, temporary exhibits, travel, surveys, films or publishing activities.
- For research.
- Grants are generally not approved for:
- National organizations without a local chapter operating within Santa Barbara County.
- Projects or programs normally financed by government sources.
- Refugee or religious programs or consumer interest.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Core Support: HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES and ARTS & CULTURE Organizations by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.