IASC Fellowship Program
Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS)
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Nov 20, 2018 5:00am PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference, Fellowship
Location of project: Antarctica, Canada, Finland, Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Russian Federation, Sweden, Alaska Expand all
Location of residency: Austria; Canada; China; Czech Republic; Denmark; Finland; France; Germany; Greenland; Iceland; India; Italy; Japan; Korea, Republic of; Netherlands; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Russian Federation; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; United Kingdom; United States Expand all
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 5 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The International Arctic Science Committee (IASC), in cooperation with the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS), invites Early Career Scientists (ECS) to apply for the IASC Fellowship Program
The IASC Fellowship Program is meant to engage ECS in the work of the IASC Working Groups (WGs): Atmosphere, Cryosphere, Marine, Social & Human and Terrestrial. Each year, one Fellow per WG is chosen.
IASC Fellows are doctoral or postdoctoral researchers who actively participate in selected activities of the IASC WGs. They are expected to scientifically contribute but also to help organize specific activities and to coordinate the reporting to the IASC Secretariat. Thus, the Fellowship Program provides the opportunity for ECSs to become involved in leading-edge scientific activities at a circumarctic and international level, to build an international network or contacts and also to develop management skills.
The total duration of the IASC Fellowship Program is 1+2 years. In their first year, selected Fellows will receive travel support to attend two consecutive Arctic Science Summit Weeks (ASSWs) where the annual WG meetings are held. After the first year, Fellows have the opportunity to stay involved for up to 2 more years without dedicated funding support from IASC and the further involvement is individually decided by the WG Steering Group and the Fellows. Note:
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- For this round of applications, interested ECSs have to fulfill the following criteria:
- PhD student
- candidate or postdoctoral researcher (up to 5 years past the PhD)
- able to commit to participating in the activities of one of the IASC WGs for at least 12 months from March 2017 to April 2018.
- able to attend the two upcoming ASSWs: 31 March - 7 April 2017 in Prague (Czech Republic) and 15 - 27 June 2018 in Davos (Switzerland, as part of the POLAR2018 conference)
- located in an IASC member country
- Austria, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark / Greenland, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA
- have a good command of English.
- The travel support during the first fellowship year is the only financial remuneration for the fellows.
- Salary is not included during the fellowship.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IASC Fellowship Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.