IBA: Research and Conservation Grants
International Association for Bear Research and Management (IBA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 30, 2019 3:00pm PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Unaffiliated Researcher Government Entity College / University PhD Student
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Research and Conservation Grants are intended to advance bear conservation and management by providing financial support for basic and applied research on bear ecology, management, and conservation, emphasizing assistance to situations with critical conservation need.
IBA supports well-designed research and science-based conservation or management projects. Research should have conservation or management implications; conservation and management projects should have a strong scientific base and also be well-linked to local and regional communities.
Conservation projects may involve a wide range of efforts, including:
- habitat preservation
- training of local workers, etc.
Grants may be used for the following:
- Funding portions of studies
- Support of graduate students working on bear projects
- Publication of significant findings on bear biology or management; and
- Preparation or publication of public information and education projects about bears
For proposal review, the RCG Committee also considers priorities
established by the IUCN Bear Specialist Group and its Expert Teams, the
likelihood of alternate funding, project feasibility, and the
qualifications of the investigators conducting the work.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Anyone may apply, including:
- undergraduate, graduate, or post-doctoral students
- educational institutions
- conservation organizations
- government agencies
- IBA supports well-designed research and science-based conservation or management projects.
- Research should have conservation or management implications.
- Conservation and management projects should have a strong scientific base and also be well-linked to local and regional communities.
- Undergraduate students and independent workers are encouraged to seek sponsorship or collaboration with an appropriate university, agency, or organization.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Non-members can apply for IBA grants, but, if successful, applicants must become members in order to receive funds.
- Applications for projects in developing countries with threatened bear species or populations are strongly encouraged.
- IBA policy is to not pay indirect or overhead costs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IBA: Research and Conservation Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.