Bharat Ratna Dr C. Subramaniam Award for Outstanding Teachers
Indian Council of Agricultural ResearchSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to ₹200,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2019
Applicant type: Teacher Faculty
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach
Location of project: India
Location of residency: IndiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare , Government of India. Formerly known as Imperial Council of Agricultural Research.
In order to provide recognition to outstanding teachers and to promote quality teaching in the field of Agriculture, four outstanding teacher awards are given annually.
These awards are meant for individual teachers independently offering a full course or part of an integrated course.An individual award will consist of `1,00,000 in cash + travel grant of `1.0 lakh to promote innovation in teaching across the country including travel and a citation.
A total of four such awards have been provided as given below in one each in every discipline:
- Crop and Horticultural Sciences
- Natural Resource Management & Agril. Engineering
- Animal and Fisheries Sciences
- Social Sciences
Objective of the Award
- To provide recognition to outstanding teachers
- To provide incentive for excellence in teaching
- To promote quality teaching
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All teachers who have been given Best teacher award at the University/DUs level as per ICAR guidelines are eligible provided:
- they take on an annual average of at least 96 lectures in SAUs/CAU at undergraduate/post-graduate teaching while in ICAR DUs
- a minimum of 32 lectures (including practical) and
- have an independent teaching experience for a minimum of five academic years in the particular subject area.
- The awards are primarily meant for individual teachers independently teaching a course or part of a integrated course.
- The teaching work submitted for the award must have been done during the five years preceding the year of the award.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bharat Ratna Dr C. Subramaniam Award for Outstanding Teachers by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.