Outstanding Interdisciplinary Team Research in Agricultural and Allied Sciences
Indian Council of Agricultural Research
Grant amount: ₹500,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2019
Applicant type: Faculty Working Professional Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: India
Location of residency: IndiaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare , Government of India. Formerly known as Imperial Council of Agricultural Research, it was established on 16 July 1929 as a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 in pursuance of the report of the Royal Commission on Agriculture. The ICAR has its headquarters at New Delhi.
The Council is the apex body for co-ordinating, guiding and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries and animal sciences in the entire country. With 101 ICAR institutes and 71 agricultural universities spread across the country this is one of the largest national agricultural systems in the world.
To recognize encourage and promote the understanding that practical and useful research would normally have to be interdisciplinary approach. It is exclusively meant for interdisciplinary team of scientists jointly planning and implementing integrated programme/project. There would be maximum of 4 awards, and each award would be of Rs. 5,00,000/-.
Objective of the Award: To recognize and incentivize outstanding inter-disciplinary team research
Mission statement: To recognize encourage and promote the understanding that practical and useful research would normally have to be interdisciplinary in approach.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All agricultural scientists engaged in interdisciplinary team research in India in the specified subject areas are eligible.
- Nomination/Application for the award shall be invited during September/October of the year of the award.
- Nomination/Application made in prescribed form obtainable from Award Cell, will be accepted up to the end of November/December of the year of the award.
- The team must have scientist-level representation from a minimum of three well-recognized disciplines and may also have technical officers(T6 and above). They must have been working on an integrated research project dealing with an inherently interdisciplinary problem in a system based, problem solving mode.
- The final phase of the research work including its field validation must have been completed during the five years preceding the year of the award.
- Each member of the team must have remained its active member continuously for at least three years preceding the year of the award.
- Documentary evidence should be provided that the project has been running/has run continuously for at least five years at the time of submission of the application.
- The award is not limited to NARS i.e. Agricultural Scientists outside NARS are also eligible if they meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
- Once in two years, subject to suitable candidates/project being available. If no outstanding entries received, no award will be given.
- This award is exclusively meant for interdisciplinary teams of scientists jointly planning and implementing integrated programme/project of research dealing with at least two of the four disciplines listed below.
- The team should have at least five members.
- There would be maximum 4 awards, and each award would be of 5,00,000. Not more than one award in the areas given below:
- Crop Science and Horticultural Sciences
- Natural Research Management and Agril. Engineering
- Animal and Fisheries Sciences
- Social Sciences
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Outstanding Interdisciplinary Team Research in Agricultural and Allied Sciences by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.