ICECF Land Acquisition Grants
Illinois Clean Energy Community Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Aug 28, 2018
Later deadlines: Feb 22, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Illinois
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
ICECF Land Acquisition Grants
The Foundation prefers to make awards to projects that purchase land outright and is proud to support the protection of wildlife habitat at natural areas throughout the state. To date, Foundation grants have assisted with land acquisition at 151 sites in 47 different counties in Illinois.
The Foundation will consider projects that protect valuable natural resources in perpetuity through the purchase of conservation easements on a limited basis depending on how such projects match up with the Funding Guidelines listed below.
- Purchase natural habitat (as opposed to parks or other open space) .
- Apply all Foundation funds towards the direct purchase price of the natural habitat except for up to $10,000 which may be requested to help fund restoration activities during the first year after purchase .
- Meet the minimum transactional requirements for payment:
- willing seller
- agreed upon price that is equal to or lower than the appraised value (If you are comtemplating a purchase that would not meet this condition, call to discuss in person.)
- acceptable appraisal (The appraisal’s Date of Valuation must be within 12 months of the closing date. It must be conducted by an Illinois-certified appraiser and commissioned by the applicant organization, not the seller.)
- Protect important natural habitat
- Identified as a priority for protection by a local, regional, or statewide conservation planning process
- Connected to previously protected natural areas
- Open to the public
- The Foundation applies the following additional criteria and priorities to larger requests: Land Acquisition Request > $1 million.
- The Foundation applies the following additional criteria and priorities to Advancing Wetlands Conservation Projects submitted through the Land Acquisition grant program.
See more here.
Eligible applicants may apply for up to 80% of the direct cost of the land and up to $10,000 for restoration activities to be completed within the first year after purchase.
Applicants may be invited to submit a full proposal and/or awarded a grant at a lower amount than requested.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Local government agencies serving Illinois residents
- ALL applicants (nonprofits and local government agencies) are required to provide a Federal Employer Tax ID/Employer Tax ID Number (FEIN/EIN).
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the ICECF Land Acquisition Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.