Scholarships for Graduate Students- Feeding Tomorrow
Institute of Food Technologists (IFT)Suggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 2, 2021 1:00pm PST
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Food Safety Livestock & Ranching Agricultural Crops
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United States
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: You can apply for multiple scholarships, but will only be awarded one scholarship. Applicant will automatically be considered for each scholarship they are eligible for.
Scholarships for Graduate Students
Feeding Tomorrow awards annual scholarships to students pursuing a graduate degree in a variety of disciplines within the science of food. Please see the list of available scholarships below and remember to verify your eligibility and review the application requirements. Applicant’s school of enrollment can be any educational institution conducting fundamental investigations for the advancement of food science and food technology, unless there are stated exceptions of scholarship criteria for sponsored scholarships.
TheFeeding Tomorrow General Education fund provides scholarship funding to graduate students (MS or Ph.D.) demonstrating exceptional scholastic achievements, leadership experience, and a devotion to the food science and technology profession.
- IFT Food Laws and Regulations Division Scholarship
- IFT Food Microbiology Division Scholarship
- IFT Sensory and Consumer Sciences Division Silver Celebration PhD Degree Scholarship
- IFT Sensory and Consumer Sciences Division Silver Celebration MS Scholarship
- Mike Jimenez Scholarship Sponsored by the IFT International Division
- Dr. Richard L. Hall Scholarship in Flavor Science
- Edlong Scholarship
- Gerber Endowment in Pediatric Nutrition for Thermal Processing Specialists Ph.D. Degree Scholarship
- Institute for Thermal Processing Specialists MS Degree Scholarship
- Feeding Tomorrow Graduate Scholarship, Multiple Awards
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- General Eligibility:
- Applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent)
- Applicant must plan to enroll full-time or part-time as an MS or PhD student pursuing a degree in science of food at an accredited or bona fide college or university for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Colleges/Universities outside the U.S. are considered bona fide if they have a student population, a defined curriculum, faculty, and campus.
- Demonstrate commitment in the science of food profession, such as, but not limited to an IFT membership
- Specific scholarships may also have other eligibility based on focus or topic area
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicant must be a student member of IFT at the time of application.
- Research in such disciplines as genetics, horticulture, nutrition, microbiology, biochemistry, engineering, chemistry, etc. is not eligible unless it is directly related to the student's research program in food science, except as otherwise noted