Capacity Building Micro Grants
Sacramento Region Community Foundation
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Aug 16, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 2, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Counties in California: El Dorado County, Placer County, Sacramento County, Yolo County
Location of residency: Counties in California: El Dorado County, Placer County, Sacramento County, Yolo CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Capacity Building Micro Grants
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation provides Capacity Building Micro Grants to respond to the immediate capacity building needs of nonprofits in the Sacramento region.
Capacity Building Micro Grants are available to qualifying nonprofit organizations serving one or more counties in the four-county region of Sacramento, Placer, Yolo and El Dorado. Only one proposal per organization will be considered per round, and award amounts will range from $1,000 to $5,000.
Types of Funding
Capacity Building Micro Grants provide support to Sacramento region nonprofits to create and/or expand capacity building activities that strengthen the organization's ability to fulfill its mission and build long-term organizational sustainability.
If applying for funding, the organization must demonstrate an immediate need for capacity building efforts (i.e. significant organizational transitions such as major shifts in funding sources, or rapid growth) that would greatly impact your organization's ability to serve the community.
Supported capacity building projects include (but are not limited to):
- Strategic planning
- Board development
- Communications planning
- Development and fundraising planning, implementation and training
- Technology, network and information technology planning, and implementation
- Succession planning
- Nonprofit financials
- Consultant expenses
- Leadership development
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Maintain tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Service the 4-county region of Sacramento, El Dorado, Yolo and Placer.
- Have a current profile on the region’s nonprofit database, GivingEdge.
- If your organization is selected for funding, you must have a current profile on GivingEdge, the Foundation’s online knowledgebase for nonprofits
- If you do not currently have a profile, you must apply during open enrollment, May through SeptemberHave not received an Immediate Need Grant in the current calendar year (January-December).
- Have an annual organizational budget ranging from $50,000 to $750,000
- Have not received a Capacity Building Micro Grant in the current calendar year (January to December)
- Organizations that apply in round one, may apply again in subsequent rounds if they were not awarded a grant in previous rounds
- Capacity building grants cannot be use for:
- Expansion of existing program capacity
- Program expansion
- Funding for individuals
- Annual appeals
- Capital campaigns
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Capacity Building Micro Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.