Impact 100 Palm Beach County Grants
Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties
Grant amount: US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 26, 2019 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Palm Beach County, Florida
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Impact 100 PBC Grants
Impact 100 Palm Beach County (Impact 100 PBC) advances high impact philanthropy in the South Palm Beach County area by pooling together smaller donations of individual women to create a large grant which will have a high impact in our community. As a charitable fund of the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, we facilitate this by awarding at least one $100,000 grant to a nonprofit in each of the following five focus areas*: Arts & Culture, Education, Environment, Family, and Health & Wellness. The grant recipient(s) will be selected by a vote of all Impact 100 PBC members at its annual meeting after a thorough proposal review process.
Impact 100 PBC seeks to fund high impact projects that:
- Foster change and have a long-term positive impact.
- Are new programs or expansions/improvements of existing programs that can change the way an organization or a community operates.
- Can demonstrate specific measurable goals.
What is High Impact Philanthropy?
The goal of Impact 100 PBC is to fund programs that are visionary, daring, take risks, shift consciousness, or change the way a community or organization operates. The program should focus on the issue first and the organization second. Programs which revolve around institutional needs, fundraising goals, or the nonprofit’s internal organization do not meet the goals of Impact 100 PBC.
Grant Focus Areas
Impact 100 PBC has identified the following five focus areas and will appoint committees to review funding applications in each of these categories.
Arts & Culture
High impact programs or initiatives that cultivate, develop, educate, and enhance culture and the arts in South Palm Beach County.
High impact programs or initiatives that further education or improve access to education for children and/or adults in South Palm Beach County.
High impact programs or initiatives that restore, preserve, revitalize, or enhance the facilities or natural resources of South Palm Beach County, including those that encourage research, public awareness, and education relating to the environment and conservation of our natural resources.
High impact programs or initiatives that strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families living in South Palm Beach County.
Health & Wellness
High impact programs or initiatives that improve the physical and/or mental health and wellness of people living in South Palm Beach County.
Impact 100 PBC considers grant requests in the amount of $100,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To qualify for an Impact 100 PBC grant, an applicant must be a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and designated as such for at least three (3) years.
- Additionally, the applicant must:
- Submit a proposal for a project or program which serves the residents of South Palm Beach County (Lake Worth Road south to the Broward County line).
- The grant must be used to serve this geographic area only.
- Organizations must use the full amount of the grant within 24 months of the award date.
- The project may be a new program, an expansion of an existing program, or may be a collaborative effort of several agencies, but the project should not duplicate charitable efforts already existing in the community.
- As we continue to grow and evolve, Impact 100 Palm Beach County reserves the right to change its eligibility criteria in future years.
- We cannot accept applications to support:
- Activities outside our 5 focus areas
- Programs that serve residents located outside of our geographic area (South Palm Beach County, FL)
- General operating support or overhead
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- Fundraising campaigns or events
- Capital campaigns
- Endowments or memorials
- Bridge funding or interim financing
- Partisan or political activities
- Legal expenses
- Travel expenses
- Grants to individuals
- Grants to private foundations
- Impact 100 PBC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sexual preference, or national origin.
- Applicants for grants from Impact 100 PBC must hold similar standards.
- Competitive grant applications from organizations known to have discriminatory policies will not be considered.
- The recipient of an Impact 100 PBC $100,000 grant will not be eligible to reapply for another Impact 100 PBC grant for at least three (3) years (i.e., the organization selected in 2013 may not reapply until 2016).
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Impact 100 Palm Beach County Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.