Impact 100 Richmond Grant
The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central VirginiaSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $100,000
Deadline: Feb 19, 2020 2:00pm PST (Pre proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Virginia: Chesterfield County, Goochland County, Hanover County, Henrico County, Powhatan County, Richmond city Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Impact 100 Richmond's mission is to advance transformative giving in the Richmond region by uniting women's ideas and actions through philanthropy. The goal is to change the lives of women and their families by granting a local nonprofit with a significant, collective financial investment.
Annually, at least one $100,000 grant will be awarded to a nonprofit in one of the following focus areas: Arts &Culture, Education, Environment, Family, and Health & Wellness. The grant recipient will be selected by a vote of the Impact 100 Richmond membership, after a detailed grant proposal review process.
Impact 100 Richmond seeks to fund projects that:
- Foster change and have a long-term positive impact
- Are programmatic and/or capital in nature
- Are new programs or expansions/improvements of existing programs that can change the way an organization or a community operates
- Can demonstrate specific measurable goals
Preference will be given to programs and projects that positively affect women and children. Organizations must apply under one of the following focus areas. We recognize that many organizations and projects can fit into more than one category, but applicants must choose only one for their proposal. We recommend you consider which focus area best represents the emphasis of your project.
- Arts and Culture
- Projects that develop and enrich the community and/or the lives of women, children and families through the expressive arts or enhanced cultural opportunities
- Projects that further the educational process or improve access to education for children and/or adults
- Projects that restore, preserve, revitalize or enhance physical or natural surroundings to create a sustainable community
- Projects that strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families
- Health & Wellness
- Projects that improve the mental and/or physical well-being of people
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible to apply for an Impact 100 Richmond grant, your organization must:
- Be a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that serves the residents of the City of Richmond, and/or the counties of Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, Goochland, and/or Powhatan;
- Have an operating budget of at least $250,000 (cash, excluding in-kind); and
- Have been in operation at least 36 months prior to applying for an Impact 100 Richmond grant.
- Please note: Two or more nonprofits can collaborate on a proposal, but the lead applicant must satisfy the eligibility requirements stated above.
- We regret that we cannot accept applications from:
- Individual religious institutions;
- Private foundations
- We cannot accept applications to support:
- Debt reduction or operational deficits;
- Endowments or memorials;
- Bridge funding or interim financing;
- Partisan or political activities;
- Legal expenses.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Impact 100 Richmond Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.