IMPACT the Palm Beaches Grants
Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties
Grant amount: US $100,000
Next deadline: Oct 1, 2018 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Aug 8, 2019 2:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Palm Beach County, Florida
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
AGENCY: Grant Applicant Information and Training: South: Tuesday, July 10 @ 10 AM
Location: South – Town of Palm Beach United Way - Wednesday, July 11 @ 10 AM
Location: North – Northern Trust, North Palm Beach - North: Tuesday, July 17 @ 10 AM/ Thursday, July 19 @ 3 PM
About IMPACT The Palm Beaches
IMPACT The Palm Beaches empowers women to dramatically improve lives by collectively funding significant grants that make a lasting impact in our community. Impact pulls together donations from individual women to advance high impact philanthropy, which will in turn be transformational to our community.
As a charitable fund of the Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties, we facilitate this by awarding grants disbursed in increments of $100,000. The exact amount of funds available for award in any given year depends upon the number of women who join the organization.
IMPACT The Palm Beaches seeks to fund projects that are truly transformational, address unmet needs through an innovative approach, greatly impact the beneficiaries, and are sustainable for years to come.
We seek projects that:
- Foster change and have a long‐term positive impact
- Are well defined and thought out
- Are new or expansions/improvements of existing projects that can change the way an organization or a community operates
- Can demonstrate specific measurable goals
Arts & Culture
Programs and projects that cultivate, develop, educate and improve the cultural climate.
Programs and projects that further the ability to educate and improve education.
Programs and projects that seek to:
- Improve, enhance or restore the surroundings and promote conservation of our natural resources;
- Promote the protection and welfare of animals; and
- Encourage research, public awareness and education relating to the environment and animals.
Programs and projects that strengthen and enhance the lives of children and families.
Health and Wellness
Programs and projects that positively impact the mental/physical health and wellness of the members of our community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Geographical boundaries:
- The geographical boundary in Palm Beach County within the following areas – beginning at Lake Worth Road and going north to the Martin County line and west to the Glades and East to the Ocean.
- The entire $100,000 grant must be spent within those geographical boundaries.
- You are eligible for a grant if your nonprofit organization is not physically located within the geographical boundaries,
- However, the project must be designated for and implemented totally within our geographical boundaries.
- To qualify for an IMPACT The Palm Beaches grant, an applicant must be a tax‐exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and designated as such for at least 19 months.
- The project may be new, expansion of an existing project, or may be a collaborative effort of several agencies; and the project will have a high impact and transformative effect on the organization and the community it serves.
- The organization(s) must use the full amount of the grant within two years of the award date.
- The recipient of an IMPACT The Palm Beaches $100,000 grant will not be eligible to reapply for another IMPACT The Palm Beaches grant for at least three 3 years (i.e. the organization selected in 2017 may not reapply until 2020).
- IMPACT The Palm Beaches does not accept applications to support:
- Activities outside our 5 focus areas
- Programs that take place outside of our geographic area
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- Fundraising campaigns or events
- Capital campaigns*
- Endowments or memorials
- Bridge funding or interim financing
- Partisan or political activities
- Legal expenses
- Travel expenses
- Grants to individuals
- Grants to private foundations
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- IMPACT The Palm Beaches does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, sexual preference, or national origin. Applicants for grants from IMPACT The Palm Beaches must hold similar standards. Therefore, competitive grant applications from organizations known to have discriminatory policies will not be considered.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IMPACT the Palm Beaches Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.