IESO Education and Capacity Building (ECB) Program
Independent Electricity System OperatorSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 15, 2019 8:59pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The following Proponent types are eligible for funding under the ECB Program (each an “Eligible Proponent”):
- First Nation and Métis Communities;
- Public Sector Entities;
- Registered Charities; and
- Not-for-Profit Organizations.
- The following types of entities may be eligible to apply to the ECB Program:
- a Legal Entity wholly-owned and Controlled only by a Person or Persons that constitute the same Proponent Type;
- a Legal Entity that is jointly owned and Controlled only by Persons:
- that are at Arm’s Length from each other;
- that are different Proponent Types; and
- each of which is a Proponent Type; and
- an organization that represents, in the sole and absolute discretion of the IESO, the interests of more than one First Nation and Métis Community (a “First Nation and Métis Organization”)
- Two or more eligible Proponents that are at Arm’s Length and each meet the Mandatory Eligibility Requirements (“Joint Proponents”, and each individually a “Joint Proponent”) may take a collaborative approach and submit a Proposal together (a “Joint Proposal”).
- Joint Proposals are
encouraged where collaboration between two or more Proponents will strengthen the Initiative
and enhance access or delivery to the Target Audience(s).
- An Initiative proposed by one or more of the Eligible Proponents must be designed to target one or more of the following groups that are located in Ontario (each, a “Target Audience”):
- First Nation and Métis Communities;
- Municipalities; or
- Public Sector Entities.
- Eligible Internal Expenses:
- Funding under the ECB Program may be provided for expenses a Proponent incurs for services carried out
by Internal Resources that are necessary to carry out the Initiative, excluding any Ineligible Expenses
(“Eligible Internal Expenses”).
- Eligible External Expenses:
- Funding under the ECB Program may be provided for expenses a Proponent incurs for the services of
external duly qualified professional and technical consultants and contractors (“External Resources”) that
are directly involved in and necessary to carry out the Initiative, excluding any Ineligible Expenses (“Eligible
- Ineligible Expenses
- any costs related to the provision of legal advice or the development or distribution of legal templates, precedent agreements, or materials that are considered or could be considered legal or financial advice;
- any Costs related to activities listed in Section 8.3 of the Rules;
- any Costs for which funding was received in relation to the Initiative from another source;
- any Costs that are not directly related to the Initiative;
- any Costs that the Proponent or Joint Proponent(s) did not directly incur;
- any Costs incurred, or relating to any activity, matter or thing carried out before the Contract Start Date or after the Final Deliverable Date;
- any Costs associated with meeting the administrative obligations of the Proposal or Funding Agreement under the ECB Program or any other Support Program, including preparing status and other reports as may be required under the Funding Agreement;
- any Costs associated with submitting the Proposal, or applications or proposals under any of the Support Programs, or entering into a funding agreement under any of the Support Programs;
- any Costs paid to Governmental Authorities, including fees paid for governmental certifications;
- any Costs or activities related to meeting with or the lobbying of any Governmental Authority or the IESO;
- any Costs in respect of employees or any other internal, pre-existing, long-term or permanent resources or commitments that do not pertain to the Initiative;
- any Costs associated with use of personal devices (e.g. Costs relating to mobile or landline phones, costs of laptops or internet service provider fees, etc.);
- any Costs related to administrative operating expenses such as real estate expenses, insurance, office supplies, printing, mailing, utilities, memberships, dues, subscriptions, accounting activities, or maintenance of equipment;
- any Costs to advocate for, promote, or for the development of, a transmission project or a renewable energy project, including a project under the FIT Program or LRP Program;
- any Costs related to the development of a transmission line, such as expenses related to obtaining approvals, construction of a transmission line, or establishing a partnership arrangement in respect of a transmission line;
- any Costs related to the connection of an Electricity generation project to the IESOControlled Grid;
- any Costs related to the acquisition of electric vehicles, whether through purchase or lease;
- any Costs that are not an Eligible External Expense or an Eligible Internal Expense;
- any Costs incurred that are not evidenced by Deliverables, including the supporting documentation required by the Funding Agreement, or other evidence of payment satisfactory to the IESO, in its sole and absolute discretion;
- any Costs not approved by the IESO as part of the Proposal and Budget, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the IESO, in its sole and absolute discretion;
- any Costs that, in the IESO’s view, in its sole and absolute discretion, materially deviate from the approved Proposal in relation to the Work Plan, Budget, Project Team, timelines or Initiative description;
- any Costs in respect of HST;
- any Costs in respect of any benefits, deductions and withholdings, including any taxes, union dues, Canada Pension Plan contributions, employment insurance contributions and employer contributions paid by the Proponent in respect of the employment of Internal Resources;
- any Costs paid by means of cash, services in-kind, bonds, promissory notes or barter;
- any capital, operating, maintenance, or construction-related Costs of a transmission project or a project under the FIT Program, the LRP Program, or the Remote Projects Development Sub-stream of the EPP;
- any Costs to advocate for or promote a single company or organization, including Costs related to Co-op membership drives; and
- any Costs for travel, hospitality or meals that do not comply with the Ontario Travel, Meal and Hospitality Expenses Directive 2010, as further outlined in Section 4.5
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IESO Education and Capacity Building (ECB) Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.