IESO Education and Capacity Building (ECB) Program
Independent Electricity System OperatorSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $125,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 18, 2020 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The following Proponent types are eligible for funding under the ECB Program (each an “Eligible Proponent”):
- First Nation and Métis Communities;
- Public Sector Entities;
- Registered Charities; and
- Not-for-Profit Organizations.
- The following types of entities may be eligible to apply to the ECB Program:
- a Legal Entity wholly-owned and Controlled only by a Person or Persons that constitute the same Proponent Type;
- a Legal Entity that is jointly owned and Controlled only by Persons:
- that are at Arm’s Length from each other;
- that are different Proponent Types; and
- each of which is a Proponent Type; and
- an organization that represents, in the sole and absolute discretion of the IESO, the interests of more than one First Nation and Métis Community (a “First Nation and Métis Organization”)
- Two or more eligible Proponents that are at Arm’s Length and each meet the Mandatory Eligibility Requirements (“Joint Proponents”, and each individually a “Joint Proponent”) may take a collaborative approach and submit a Proposal together (a “Joint Proposal”).
- Joint Proposals are
encouraged where collaboration between two or more Proponents will strengthen the Initiative
and enhance access or delivery to the Target Audience(s).
- An Initiative proposed by one or more of the Eligible Proponents must be designed to target one or more of the following groups that are located in Ontario (each, a “Target Audience”):
- First Nation and Métis Communities;
- Municipalities; or
- Public Sector Entities.
- Eligible Expenses
- Funding is provided under the ECB Program for Eligible Expenses that are directly related and reasonably necessary to complete the project.
- Eligible Expenses can include costs associated with activities carried out by duly qualified internal resources, and with the services of duly qualified external service providers.
- Any contract with an external service provider in excess of $50,000 must follow a competitive procurement process prior to being awarded.
- Funding is not provided to individuals.
- Ineligible Expenses - Funding is not provided under the ECB Program for Ineligible Expenses, which include:
- Costs that are not directly related to the project;
- Costs related to the provision of legal advice or the development or distribution of legal templates, precedent agreements, or materials that are considered or could be considered legal or financial advice;
- Costs related to activities for which funding was received in relation to the project from another source;
- Costs that the applicant or joint applicant(s) did not directly incur;
- Costs incurred, or relating to any activity, matter or thing carried out before the start of the Funding Agreement;
- Costs associated with meeting the administrative obligations of the application or Funding Agreement under the ECB Program or any other IESO program, including preparing status and other reports as may be required under the Funding Agreement;
- Costs associated with submitting the application, or applications or proposals under any of the IESO programs, or entering into a funding agreement under any of the IESO programs;
- Costs related to meetings with or the lobbying of any governmental authority or the IESO;
- Costs associated with the use of personal devices (e.g. personal mobile or landline phones, laptops or internet service provider fees, etc.);
- Costs related to administrative operating expenses such as real estate expenses, insurance, utilities, memberships, dues, subscriptions, accounting, or maintenance of equipment;
- Costs incurred that are not evidenced by deliverables, including the supporting documentation required by the Funding Agreement, or other evidence of payment satisfactory to the IESO, in its sole and absolute discretion;
- Costs not approved by the IESO as part of the application and budget, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the IESO, in its sole and absolute discretion;
- Costs incurred by means of services in-kind, bonds, promissory notes or barter;
- Costs for travel, hospitality or meals that do not comply with the Ontario Travel, Meal and Hospitality Expenses Directive;
- Costs that, in the IESO’s view, in its sole and absolute discretion, materially deviate from the approved application in relation to the work plan, budget, project team, timelines or project description;
- Costs in respect of HST; and
- Costs in respect of any deductions and withholdings, including any taxes, union dues, Canada Pension Plan contributions, employment insurance contributions and employer contributions.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IESO Education and Capacity Building (ECB) Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.