Indiana Academy of Science: Winona Welch Award for Botanical Biodiversity Research
Indiana Academy of Sciences
Grant amount: US $2,500
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2019
Applicant type: College / University
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Indiana
Location of residency: IndianaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Annual Academy Meeting brings together scientists from industry and academia, science educators, and science graduate and undergraduate students from Indiana and the Midwest, to share some of this country’s latest developments in scientific research and science education.
Established by funds donated to the Academy by Winona Welch, Ph.D., this award is intended to support biodiversity research (e.g., surveys and systematics) of plants and their allies (e.g., algae and fungi). One award of $500.00 will be made each year for worthy proposals.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any Academy member in good standing during the preceding year and at the time of the application who is either employed at a not-for-profit organization or enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate or graduate program may apply for this research grant.
- Awards will be made to the organization, not to an individual.
- Therefore, each application must have affixed the signature of the official within the applicant organization who has the authority to approve the request (e.g., College or University Research Officer, Academic Officer of Treasurer; School Superintendent).
- Awards are issued as checks payable to the applicant institution and/or school and not to individual investigators.
- Grants will normally be made for investigative periods of one year beginning on the date of the award letter.
- Requests for extension, without additional funds, of the period of investigation for active projects supported by current grants may be considered by the Biodiversity and Natural Areas Committee.
- Any such request should have the signature of the applicant organization's authorized approved official.
- Requests for extension of time should be limited to six months or less, although requests for longer extensions may be considered in exceptional circumstances.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Any Academy member in good standing during the preceding year and at the time of the application who is either employed at a not-for-profit organization or enrolled in an accredited baccalaureate or graduate program may apply for this research grant.
- Grants will not be approved that request or require support for attending meetings, publication costs, institutional administrative or indirect/overhead costs, stipends for salaried investigators, or computer time.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Indiana Academy of Science: Winona Welch Award for Botanical Biodiversity Research by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.