IAS Senior Research Grants Program
Indiana Academy of Sciences
Grant amount: Up to US $3,000
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Sep 15, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Working Professional
Funding uses: Conference, Research, General Operating Expense
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: IndianaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Indiana Academy of Science Senior Research Grants Program makes awards of up to $3000 to Academy members or students they sponsor to purchase supplies, support travel and field expenses, pay research assistants, and provide other items required to conduct novel scientific research.
The Committee considers proposals from Academy members representative of all scientific disciplines. Past grants have reflected the full spectrum of research activities by Academy members. At the same time, they have also reflected the mission of the Academy and awards have favored supporting scientists with limited access to major national funding for whom modest sums available may permit the initiation or continuation of investigations of potential value.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be formally affiliated with not-for-profit organizations, usually as employees or faculty-sponsored students.
- Individuals meeting any one of the following criteria are eligible to apply for research grants:
- Grants to students are made to the applicant organization for use by the student on the condition of faculty sponsorship.
- For this reason, the award will be made in the faculty member's name and that sponsor will be responsible for meeting all conditions of the grant award.
- Consequently, it is essential that the faculty sponsor review the proposal carefully prior to its submission.
- Postdoctoral associates
- Non-permanent faculty members
- Other applicants not otherwise chiefly responsible to the institution for the research program must have a sponsor who is responsible to the institution for the research program
- Individuals must have been an IAS member for at least one year or is a new member who has not previously applied for an IAS grant.
- Awards will be made to the parent organization, not to an individual.
- Therefore, each application must be signed by the organization’s official with the authority to approve the request (e.g., President, Chief Academic Officer, College or University Research Officer, etc.) and commit the institution to the conditions of the award.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Members of the Academy in good standing during the preceding year and at the time of the application and recently joined members who have never previously applied for a research grant from the Academy are eligible to apply.
- Projects of potential special value for the State of Indiana are also given strong priority.
- The budget may not include funds to:
- Attend meetings
- Pay publication costs
- Support institutional administrative or overhead/indirect costs
- Pay salaries to applicants or sponsors
- Sponsor pedagogical research, or
- Purchase computers or computer time
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the IAS Senior Research Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.