CICF Grants (Indianapolis Foundation & Legacy Fund)
Central Indiana Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Later deadlines: Oct 31, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Indiana: Hamilton County, Marion County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The following funds serve only Marion or Hamilton County. It is very important to contact a CICF community investment officer prior to submitting any fund proposal for 2017. CICF believes we can make a grater impact by leveraging funding resources and may share proposals with other CICF funds.
The Indianapolis Foundation
- Marion County
The Indianapolis Foundation was established in 1916 and is an affiliate of CICF. The Indianapolis Foundation is supported by gifts and bequests from donors who trust the Foundation will address the diverse needs of Marion County now and in the future.
- Hamilton County
Legacy Fund was established in 1991 and is an affiliate of CICF. Legacy Fund is supported by gifts and bequests from donors who trust the Foundation will address the diverse needs of Hamilton County now and in the future.
CICF Strategic Vision for Our Community
CICF’s vision is to make Central Indiana a region nationally-respected for its ability to develop, attract and retain highly-educated, creative, entrepreneurial and community-minded citizens; recognized for its superior support for those in need; and admired for being a remarkable place to live.
CICF believes that each of the elements listed below are vital to achieving these goals and the Foundation supports each of these elements individually and as part of a holistic system. CICF specifically looks for organizations and projects that address the following issues, but please note that this list is not exhaustive of the type of projects CICF supports.
Quality of Life
- Increase access to nutritious food
- Protect children from abuse and neglect
- Increase access to health care services for low income and vulnerable populations
- Remove barriers to achieving economic self-sufficiency, such as child care and transportation
- Increase life skills that lead to increased independence
- Improve student academic achievement and promote post-secondary access and success for low-income youth
- Provide job readiness, training, and educational opportunities that increase the wages and assets of low-skilled individuals
- Promote sustained and integrated learning opportunities that combine arts instruction with other core academic subject matter
Vitality of the Community
- Provide safe, affordable housing and support services for vulnerable populations
- Increase safety of residents and their neighborhoods by reducing risk factors
- Improve physical spaces for community benefit
Connectivity of Neighborhoods
- Increase the connectivity, vitality, and attractiveness of neighborhoods and communities
- Engage and involve neighborhood residents in community-building and community change
- Provide opportunities for young people to become productive citizens
- Promote diversity awareness, understanding and appreciation for differences in our community
- Engage residents and introduce visitors to the cultural amenities in the region
- Preserve existing natural spaces and resources
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- CICF welcomes grant proposals from charitable organizations that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and from governmental agencies.
- CICF Will not support:
- Organizations that are NOT tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) Public Charity of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Grants to individuals.
- Organizations or projects that discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, age, gender or sexual orientation.
- Political campaigns or direct lobbying efforts by 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Post-event, after-the-fact situations or debt retirement.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CICF Grants (Indianapolis Foundation & Legacy Fund) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.