Infinite Hero Foundation Grant Program
Infinite Hero FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $25,000 - US $100,000
Next deadline: Jul 1, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Sep 15, 2020 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Infinite Hero’s pledge to those who have risked their lives is to reward their sacrifice and bravery with support that articulates our gratitude. We partner with like-minded organizations to provide access to innovative rehabilitation programs that address the unique needs of veterans and their families.
The measure of our impact is positive outcomes, not merely gestures. Like the heroes we serve, we refuse to shy away from a challenge. Where boundaries exist, we will plow through them. Where strategies and solutions have not yet been found, we will create them.
We will marshal the resources of technology, community, medical research and mental health care to foster collaborative innovation and affect positive change for our heroes in need.
Some heroes do not come home to their families because they have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedoms. Many more make it back but carry physical and mental injury.
It is the responsibility of us all to provide the therapies and resources they need to carry on with the scars of their sacrifice and experience the quality of life they deserve.
Front Line Issues
Infinite Hero Foundation believes that the service-related mental and physical health challenges our military heroes and their families face are foundational issues. In the case of physical injury, the veteran family must undergo extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation. Post Traumatic Stress, Traumatic Brain Injury and other mental injuries are much more insidious and can go undetected for several months or more before the symptoms drive the individual or family to seek treatment. Innovations are needed to develop more effective treatments and ensure accessibility for every military hero and family regardless of geography or resources.
Since its inception in 2012, Infinite Hero Foundation has awarded more than $3 million dollars in funding and support to seventeen different veteran service organizations offering innovative and effective programs or treatments for service-related mental and physical injuries.
We see IHF as an investment fund for nonprofit entities pushing the envelope on developing effective treatments for heroes’ service-related mental and physical injuries.
We invest in and partner with like-minded organizations that create cutting edge technologies, methods, practices, or products which advance the front lines of combat against the mental and/or physical challenges faced by military heroes and their families.
The return on investment we seek is not financial, but societal, benefiting Service Members of all branches, Veterans and their families dealing with service-related mental and physical injuries.
We provide the seed money and support for big ideas, for a limited time.
Grant Sizes and Types
Program grants between $25,000 to $100,000 per cycle, per year will be considered based on need and an approved budget. Infinite Hero funds must be applied directly to program costs and cannot be used for fundraising or administrative overhead.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for an Infinite Hero Foundation Grant, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Have a mission consistent with the mission and goals of the Infinite Hero Foundation and be committed to creating or working with cutting edge technologies, methods, practices, or products which advance the front lines of combat against the mental and/or physical challenges faced by military heroes and their families.
- Be a charitable organization currently recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (the “IRS”) as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”).
- Applicant may not have received notice or information that its IRS determination letter has been revoked, modified, suspended or superseded by IRS action.
- Have a reputation for credibility and integrity as well as a proven track record of fiscal responsibility.
- Serve active duty military, veterans and/or military families.
- Must fall within one of the five categories the Infinite Hero looks to invest in:
- Physical Recovery,
- Brain Health to include TBI and PTS, Suicide Prevention,
- Veteran Leadership, and
- Military Families.
- Provide programs and services at no cost to active duty service members or veterans in the areas of mental and physical recovery from combat-related injuries.
- Demonstrate clearly outlined goals and objectives for the program and an evaluation plan that measures qualitative and quantitative outcomes.
- Agree to submit an Interim Report six months after the funds have been received by the organization and a Final Report once all the funds have been expended or at the close of two years, whichever is first.
- Areas of Exclusion and Restrictions:
- Fundraiser or gala events
- Ongoing operating costs including staff costs/salaries, existing organizational overhead, etc.
- Service dogs, equine therapy or similar therapies that do not fall within the innovative space
- Camps or excursions
- Travel, food, lodging, or other costs involved in getting our military heroes and/or their families to/from a project
- Capital or building construction projects
- Major research projects
- Endowment campaigns
- Stand-alone sponsorships, competitions, walks, athletic events, and tournaments etc.
- Religious organizations for religious purposes or where our grant would promote religious beliefs
- Specific projects funded by the IHF for 3 years or more
- Political activities, causes, candidates, organizations, or campaigns including direct or grass roots lobbying
- Grants to individuals in any form including, but not limited to, sponsorship of an individual or team, scholarships, tuition, medical costs, etc.
- Home furnishings or office equipment
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other protected class as recognized by United States law
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Infinite Hero Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.