Innovation Showdown Grants
Grant amount: Approximately US $150,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 16, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Must travel to: San Diego County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Petco Foundation
Since 1999, we’ve invested millions in adoption and medical care programs, spay and neuter services, pet cancer research and numerous other lifesaving initiatives—always investing wisely in organizations with the most lifesaving impact. In partnership with animal welfare organizations and 1,500 Petco stores across the country, we help bring pets together with loving families every day.
About our investments
As one of the nation's largest funders of animal welfare causes, we hold a responsibility and obligation to invest funds wisely in organizations that achieve their mission and vision. Therefore, success, accountability, and prudent use of funds are important to our grant analysis and follow-up process. We have an expectation that animal welfare organizations continually endeavor to achieve a high standard of doing more, and are determined to save as many lives as possible with our investment.
Are you an animal welfare professional with an idea that could help change the landscape of animal welfare and save more lives? Ready to compete for thousands of dollars in funding to make BIG things happen for animals? Submit your idea to our "Innovation Showdown" and you could have the opportunity to make your lifesaving pitch in front of a distinguished panel of innovation investors and gala guests.
We’ll select 2 to 3 finalists with the best ideas to pitch to our innovation investors and gala guests during the big event. Finalists will need to be available between April and May to work with us on an event video and their pitch and must be able to attend the gala on May 19, 2017 in San Diego, California. All travel expenses paid by the Petco Foundation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Pitches must come from an authorized representative of the organization.
- Organizations can submit up to 2 ideas.
- Nonprofit or municipal animal welfare organizations with a primary mission of saving companion animals (including community cats) are encouraged to apply.
- Finalists must be willing to attend the Awards Gala and work with the Petco Foundation to provide photo and video assets to support their pitch.
- To apply, you’ll need a brief description of your idea, your organization’s data and a link to a 1-3 minute video of you pitching your lifesaving idea.
- Please note that we do not fund the following:
- Organizations outside the United States
- Non-profit organizations whose primary mission is not related to animal welfare.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Innovation Showdown Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.