Innovation Showdown Grants
Petco FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $450,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2020 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
Must travel to: Orleans Parish, LouisianaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Petco Foundation
Since 1999, we’ve invested millions in adoption and medical care programs, spay and neuter services, pet cancer research and numerous other lifesaving initiatives—always investing wisely in organizations with the most lifesaving impact. In partnership with animal welfare organizations and 1,500 Petco stores across the country, we help bring pets together with loving families every day.
About our investments
As one of the nation's largest funders of animal welfare causes, we hold a responsibility and obligation to invest funds wisely in organizations that achieve their mission and vision. Therefore, success, accountability, and prudent use of funds are important to our grant analysis and follow-up process. We have an expectation that animal welfare organizations continually endeavor to achieve a high standard of doing more, and are determined to save as many lives as possible with our investment.
The Innovation Showdown is a collaborative project bringing the nation’s top animal welfare organizations together to invest in lifesaving innovation.
This year’s Showdown will be presented at the HSUS Expo in New Orleans, April 15-18th. Innovation Showdown participants seeking funding to save lives will present their innovative animal welfare ideas on stage to the Innovation Investors.
We’ll select 2 finalists with the best ideas to pitch to our innovation investors live at HSUS’ Animal Care Expo and we’ll choose 6 to 12 additional ideas to compete for our Wild Card spot. The Wild Card winner will join the other two finalists on stage at Animal Care Expo. All finalists will be notified by March 20.
All travel expenses for two organization representatives will be paid by the Petco Foundation and conference registration will be covered courtesy of HSUS.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Winners must be able to attend the Animal Care Expo April 15 – 18 in New Orleans, Louisiana and work with the Petco Foundation in March and April to provide photo and video assets to support their pitch.
- U.S. based nonprofit or municipal animal welfare organizations with a primary mission of saving companion animals (including community cats) and for-profit entities with a primary purpose of saving animal lives are encouraged to apply.
- Pitches must come from an authorized representative of the organization or company.
- Any investment to a for-profit company will be restricted for use applied to the animal welfare lifesaving idea.
- Organizations can submit up to 2 ideas but only one can be selected as a finalist.
- Please note that we do not fund the following:
- Organizations outside the United States
- Non-profit organizations whose primary mission is not related to animal welfare.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Innovation Showdown Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.