Inspire Giving Fund Grant
Sacramento Region Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 28, 2020 5:00pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in California: El Dorado County, Placer County, Sacramento County, Sutter County, Yolo County, Yuba County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Inspire Giving was established in 2009 as a program of the Metro Chamber Foundation and is held as an endowment fund of the Sacramento Region Community Foundation. The goal of the program is to cultivate and celebrate civic-minded leadership, volunteerism and philanthropic giving in the Sacramento region.
Inspire Giving's motto is “a little is enough, if enough people do it.” The program celebrates the collective impact of individual contributions. This Request for LOI’s serves as the avenue for the endowment’s award of monetary contributions (up to $10,000), in-kind services and/or volunteer support.
This year, Inspire Giving is looking to support organizations that bring diverse people together to foster improvements in livability and to create a stronger sense of community. They have selected Arts Engagement as the priority giving area for 2019 in alignment with the Sacramento Metro Chamber’s Four Point Business Promise to create a more Vibrant Community. Arts Engagement proposals should temporary in nature and should celebrate and inspire.
Proposals could include but are not limited to:
- Something physical: Propose an art activation, an exhibit, a reimagination of a dilapidated space.
- Something with people: Propose an engaging activation to bring diverse people together. This could be in the form of visual or performance art.
- Something educational: Propose an activation that draws diverse people into the space, wanting to explore/learn more.
- Something intermodal: Propose an activation that engages people from neighborhoods across the city or perhaps one that is mobile.
Proposals should be specific in description and identify 2-3 potential locations for activation. Activations can be temporary or permanent.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for consideration, submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant agency must have 501(c)3 status;
- Service area must be within at least one of the six counties (El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba) covered by the Sacramento Metro Chamber Foundation;
- Applicant agency must have at least two years of operational history with an annual operations budget in excess of $250,000;
- Applicant agency must have a proven track record and demonstrated success in the focus area listed above; and
- Must not have been the recipient of an Inspire Giving grant or Leadership Sacramento project since 2012.
- For Fiscally Sponsored Organizations:
- Applicant agency must have at least two years of operation history (for fiscal sponsor or fiscally sponsored)
- Fiscal sponsor must have an operating budget of $250k and the fiscally sponsored organization must have an operating budget of $100k
- 1 designee must commit to representing the organization throughout the year and partner with Inspire Giving.
- This grant is for new initiatives only.
- Please note that this is not limited to visual arts.
- It is open to all arts and creative initiatives.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Inspire Giving Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.