Institute of Physics: Early Career Researchers Fund Grant
Institute of PhysicsSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £300
Next anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 1, 2020, Dec 1, 2020, Mar 1, 2021
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 3 years of receiving their PhDView website Save
This fund provides financial support for early career researchers to attend international meetings and visit international facilities. Our aim is to broaden your professional development and maximise your potential.
How much you can apply for
- You can apply for up to £300.
- We will usually cover only part of the expense of attending a conference.
- This funding is intended to supplement funding from other sources.
- If you work for industry, the value of our support must be matched by funding from your employer or a third party.
- Our groups have limited funds for bursaries and you may not receive the full amount you ask for.
- If you are not awarded the full amount, you can apply for further support for a different conference, up to a total of £300 a year.
- We will consider funding for international IOP-organised events. Meetings organised by our groups are not covered by this funding because these are already subsidised by the Institute.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who can apply
- Early career researchers in the first three years of paid employment in industry or academia.
- This could be full or part time employment.
- The qualifying period excludes career breaks.
- Your primary role should be research or the application of physics.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. You must be a member of the Institute and the event you wish to attend must relate to the group you are a member of.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Institute of Physics: Early Career Researchers Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.