Institute of Physics: Early Career Researchers Fund Grant
Institute of Physics
Grant amount: Up to £300
Next deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Sep 1, 2018, Dec 1, 2018, Mar 1, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 3 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Institute of Physics provides financial support to early career researchers to attend international meetings and visit international facilities.
The Institute of Physics supports and champions careers for physicists in industry and academia by providing opportunities for them to broaden their professional development and maximise their potential, particularly in their early career.
Note that grants will normally cover only part of the expenses incurred
in attending a conference or visiting a facility and are intended to
supplement grants from other sources.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- For the purpose of this fund, an early career researcher is defined as an individual within three years of beginning their first paid contract of employment in industry or academia, either full-time or part-time, where research and/or the application of physics is the primary function of their role.
- This excludes any career breaks.
- Early career researchers in industry must secure funding from their employer or a third party to match the value of the bursary.
- Groups have limited funds to award bursaries and so applicants may not receive the full amount they have requested.
- If the full amount is not awarded, researchers may apply again to receive further support for a different conference or visit until they reach £300 overall in any one calendar year.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Eligible applicants must be a member of the Institute and at least one of its special interest Groups.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Institute of Physics: Early Career Researchers Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.