Research Student Conference Fund Grant
Institute of Physics
Grant amount: Up to £300
Next deadline: Dec 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Mar 1, 2019, Jun 1, 2019, Sep 1, 2019
Applicant type: PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Institute of Physics is a leading scientific membership society working to advance physics for the benefit of all. We have a worldwide membership of more than 50,000, from enthusiastic amateurs to those at the top of their fields in academia, business, education and government.
Our purpose is to gather, inspire, guide, represent and celebrate all who share a passion for physics. And, in our role as a charity, we’re here to ensure that physics delivers on its exceptional potential to benefit society.
Alongside professional support for our members, we engage with policymakers and the public to increase awareness and understanding of the value that physics holds for all of us. The Institute of Physics provides financial support to research students to attend international meetings and major national meetings.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Research Student Conference Fund (RSCF) bursaries are available to PhD students who are a member of the Institute and of an appropriate Institute group.
- For example, if an applicant is a member of the Women in Physics Group only then they could only seek support to attend a conference related to women in physics and not to low temperature physics.
- To be eligible for that meeting, the applicant would also need to be a member of the Low Temperature Group.
- Bursaries will be available only to research students who are a member of the IOP.
- PhD students should be associate members of the Institute.
- Grants will normally cover only part of the expenses incurred in attending a conference and are intended to supplement grants from other sources.
- Students may apply more than once.
- for example they may request the full amount or decide to request a smaller amount and then apply for funding again for another conference at a later stage.
- Groups have limited funds to award bursaries and so students may not receive the full amount they have requested.
- If the full amount is not awarded students may apply again to receive further support for a different conference until they reach £300 overall.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Research Student Conference Fund (RSCF) bursaries are available to PhD students who are a member of the Institute and of an appropriate Institute group.
- Workshops, summer placements and courses will be considered but priority may be given to support conferences.
- Students need not be presenting a paper or be making an oral or poster presentation, but priority may be given to students who intend to do so.
- This scheme does not aim to support post-doctoral researchers or taught masters students.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Research Student Conference Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.