Intake Diversion Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Deadline: The deadline for this grant has passed
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United States
We envision a world in which every pet has a lifelong, loving home.
PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities® of Canada are nonprofit animal welfare organizations that save the lives of homeless pets. More than 400,000 dogs and cats find homes each year through our adoption program in all PetSmart® stores and our sponsored adoption events.
PetSmart Charities: Intake Diversion
This grant category focuses on reducing pet homelessness by helping organizations make wellness services, behavioral training and education more accessible to pet parents.
Acceptable requests for this category may include:
- Community-based programs aimed at spay/neuter* education or vaccinations
- Programs that promote affordable pet wellness
- Reducing intake through behavior training programs
- Humane education support
- Pet resource centers/call centers
- Owner retention programs
- Intervention programs
*For funding support for local spay/neuter efforts, please apply for a PetSmart Charities Spay/Neuter grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- PetSmart Charities® funds:
- 501(c)(3) public charities in the U.S. with at least 1 full year of financial records.
- Registered charities in Canada with at least 1 full year of financial records.
- Cities or counties with animal care and control budgets
- Nonprofit educational institutions
- Tribal authorities.
- We do not fund:
- Private foundations
- Organizations outside the U.S. and Canada.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Intake Diversion Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.