Grantee Initiated Requests
Interact For HealthSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Indiana: Dearborn County, Franklin County, Ohio County, Ripley County, Switzerland County, Counties in Kentucky: Boone County, Bracken County, Campbell County, Gallatin County, Grant County, Kenton County, Pendleton County, Counties in Ohio: Adams County, Brown County, Butler County, Clermont County, Clinton County, Hamilton County, Highland County, Warren County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Indiana: Dearborn County, Franklin County, Ohio County, Ripley County, Switzerland County, Counties in Kentucky: Boone County, Bracken County, Campbell County, Gallatin County, Grant County, Kenton County, Pendleton County, Counties in Ohio: Adams County, Brown County, Butler County, Clermont County, Clinton County, Hamilton County, Highland County, Warren County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Interact for Health welcomes ideas from the community for projects and programs. The likelihood of being funded depends on how well the project corresponds to our priorities. If you have a project you are considering asking us to fund, our staff welcomes the opportunity to consult with you and clarify our criteria.
Interact for Health is focused on building healthy communities for all people, with a vision for making our Greater Cincinnati the healthiest in the nation. Currently, Interact for Health is prioritize its efforts to address three core areas:
Reducing tobacco use in low-income communities
- While smoking rates have decreased in recent years, there has been little change in low-income populations.
- In Greater Cincinnati, 46 percent of people below the Federal Poverty Level report they still use tobacco, while only 15 percent earning more than 200% of the FPL say they still use tobacco.
- On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.
Creating a regional infrastructure to turn the tide in the opioid epidemic
- Drug overdoses are the leading cause of accidental death in the United States, with Ohio and Kentucky ranking among the highest overdose rates in the nation.
- Impact spreads beyond those addicted, to the emotional toll on communities and the spread of infectious disease.
Continuing our leadership in providing access to healthcare through growth of school−based health centers that also serve the entire community.
- Of the 44 area Ohio school districts who have a population of at least 500 disadvantaged students, only nine currently have a school-based health center.
- The goal is not only to increase access for students, but also families and community members, which improved outcomes for managing chronic conditions such as asthma or diabetes.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for funding by Interact for Health, grant proposals must be:
- Related to health, which may be broadly defined to include social, behavioral, environmental, and other dimensions beyond the absence of illness.
- Sponsored by a non-profit agency [501(c)(3)] or governmental or educational organization.
- For a program in Interact for Health's 20-county service area.
- Typically, grant funds can be used for personnel (salary and benefits), project directors, professional fees, local travel, office equipment, supplies, meeting facilitation costs, and utilities such as telephone or fax.
- Grant funds are not awarded for space rental, overhead, capital items (unless they are part of a larger project), and support of existing personnel or programs
- It should be noted that Interact does not normally fund capital campaigns, annual fund-raising campaigns, endowments, event sponsorships, clinical research, scholarships, lobbying, media-based programs or campaigns, political campaign activities, or direct financial subsidy of health services to individuals or groups.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Grantee Initiated Requests by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.