International Herpetological Symposium Grants
International Herpetological Symposium
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2018 9:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The International Herpetological Symposium (IHS) has established a grant program to provide financial assistance to individuals or organizations conducting herpetological research, conservation, and education.
Grants are available annually in amounts up to $1000 and will be awarded to applicants whose projects represent a significant contribution to herpetology in one of the areas listed below:
- Herpetological Natural History: Proposals in this category should address new field research in areas such as population ecology, behavior, and life history strategies of amphibians or reptiles.
- Herpetological Conservation Biology: Proposals in this category should address new research on threatened, imperiled, or a surrogate for such amphibian or reptile species, or the phenomena that affect the maintenance, decline, and restoration of their natural habitat.
- Captive Propagation: Proposals in this category should address research in captive behavioral studies or new techniques in captive maintenance and breeding of amphibians or reptiles.
- Herpetological Education: Proposals in this category should address starting and/or maintaining an educational program pertaining to amphibians or reptiles at a facility available to the public, such as a zoological park, school, or community center.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants may be anyone from the herpetological community.
- Students are encouraged to apply.
- There are no eligibility restrictions on the nationality of the applicant.
- Projects that have been funded by the IHS Grant are eligible for a second year of funding.
- A second application must be submitted according to the application guidelines, along with a progress report from the first year of IHS Grant funding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the International Herpetological Symposium Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.