International IGB Fellowship Programme in Freshwater Science
Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB)
Grant amount: €30,000 - €60,000
Next deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Later deadlines: Dec 1, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Unaffiliated Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Fellowship
Location of project: Germany
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
International IGB Fellowship Program in Freshwater Science
Twice a year we offer Fellowships for Guest Doctoral Students, Postdocs, or Senior Scientists for 6 - 24 months each. These Fellowships are designed to enable outstanding scientists to actively participate in and contribute to the research program at IGB, thus supporting their personal education and training.
- Guest Doctoral Students Fellowships: for doctoral students to obtain funding for a short-term visit to IGB from their home institution. (This fellowship does not cover a full three-year doctoral thesis.)
- Postdoc Fellowships: full support for post-doctoral researchers to carry out full-time research at IGB.
- Senior Fellowships: for scientists (in general already leading their own working group) to obtain funding for a short-term visit to IGB from their home institution.
The working language of the laboratories at IGB is English and we value diversity in backgrounds and nationalities.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must hold a Diploma/Master degree (Doctoral Students Fellowships) or a doctoral degree/PhD (Postdoc and Senior Scientis Fellowships) in a subject relevant to one of our research fields.
- In advance of the application you should already have contacted your potential host and developed a research program in accordance with your host group.
- GB is determined to increase the proportion of women in successful scientific careers and particularly encourages female scientists to apply.
- Disabled persons with equal qualifications will be favoured.
- Applicants who actually are residents in Germany may not be eligible to apply for the International IGB Fellowship Program.
- IGB Fellows must not be employed elsewhere in Germany in parallel to their fellowship period at IGB.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the International IGB Fellowship Programme in Freshwater Science by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.